Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new. First Hyundai. First AWD. I bought my used 2019 Kona SE AWD today. As in at noon today Hawaii time. From a used car dealer - our island just got their first Hyundai dealership, and I couldn't afford what they had on the lot. Lol

Anyway, on my way home the all-wheel drive light came on and stayed on and then turned green. Not knowing anything about the Kona, I just now read the manual where it says to have this checked out ASAP. But there is scant info on that light.

ANYWAY...

So... first.... am I looking up the right thing? I don't remember seeing the word "lock" so I don't think I had the all-wheel drive turned on.?

Second, if repairs need to be done, is this kind of thing covered in the warranty. I did read the warranty but couldn't tell you what is what. (15k miles)

Third, is it ok to drive at all?

Thanks anyone. I was so happy to get this car.:(

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I would guess you hit the AWD button on the center console that forces AWD. No worries if you did, it forces AWD below 25 mph. Hit the button again and it will turn off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess you hit the AWD button on the center console that forces AWD. No worries if you did, it forces AWD below 25 mph. Hit the button again and it will turn off.
Thanks, Mainia. I just went out to start the car and take a picture but it's gone. I pressed the AWD button and that icon had the drivetrain emblem and the word "lock", and it's located in a different place than the one that came on yesterday. Weird. If it pops up again I'll take a picture.

Thanks so much for answering my question.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Pull the positive terminal to the battery for 15 mins (10 mm wrench) This is the first thing Hyundai will do. Don't waste a trip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'll try that. I just took it out to see if it would come on again and it didn't. I hit the AWD button and then off before I drove it. It didn't come on, but I was barely over 40mph. I'll keep my eye on it.

Thanks again!
was it possibly the lane keeping assist light?
Kidcrome - I was wondering that this morning. I turned it off so I can check on my way to work tomorrow. Took it for a quick drive and nothing came on. Thanks for your input. I think you may be right. Don't know how I got a drivetrain out of that car symbol for the Lane assist lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts