Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Getting my Kona SEL soon and am disappointed you have to get a Limited just to get auto dimming rear view mirror , which came with my 2o13 Elantra. Anyone have experience or know if you can install a new auto dimming mirror without destroying the car? Lights can be blinding at night rear view. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
Hello. Getting my Kona SEL soon and am disappointed you have to get a Limited just to get auto dimming rear view mirror , which came with my 2o13 Elantra. Anyone have experience or know if you can install a new auto dimming mirror without destroying the car? Lights can be blinding at night rear view. Thanks.
see if the plastic panel behind the mirror has the cable connector to power the mirror.. it was easy to access.. it’s probably there to connect to..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Greetings

Here's a thread that will help a lot, follow the link in post #3.
Ebay is mentioned in post 4, here's a current link to ebay, probably from someone changing to a "homelink" equipped mirror.

I checked Amazon, wow :mad: only $45 higher than Hyundai, check with your dealers parts dept, ask about the "good ol boy" discount.

Welcome to the forum and keep us updated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So should my 2021 limited have a compass integrated into my auto dimming rear view mirror with home link? It sure isn’t there unless it’s broken

Anyone else actually have a compass , seems like a cheap feature to not include for a 30k vehicle

thanks

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
130 Posts
So should my 2021 limited have a compass integrated into my auto dimming rear view mirror with home link? It sure isn’t there unless it’s broken

Anyone else actually have a compass , seems like a cheap feature to not include for a 30k vehicle

thanks
i just got a 2020 limited and cant find a compass ill look more tomrrow

·
Registered
5 Posts

thanks
My Kona Ultimate has a compass in the center of the dash. Flip through your steering wheel controls to check your verhicle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My SEL+ has auto diming. It also has facotry tint on back glass which makes the auto dim a little too dark for my taste.

Thinking of putting a section of tint over the sensor to try and even out the dimming level.

On my Elantra GT I added an aftermarket auto dimmer. I have really gotten used to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 SE, I just put in a dimming mirror with compass & homelink. Got the mirror from eBay. Part # is J9F62-AU000. Cost about $125 vs $250 from dealer. Mae sure you get the whole kit- trim clips, zip ties everything. Took about an hour to install. Read the directions and you’ll be fine. I got mine from the eBay seller in the link above.

It’s OEM and works like a charm!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i went and got the 1080p clip on cam mirror, it does not do alot for auto dim, but does some, and you get the cam that thieves have no clue is there. about 25.00 USD too.

·
Registered
5 Posts

thanks
I just bought a 2021 Ultimate with auto dimming mirror but apparently it doesn’t have the compass option either. I can display a compass on the LCD cluster display that Hyundarian shows a picture of in his reply. Slightly disappointed about the mirror though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I had a mid level 2013 Elantra that had the auto dimming mirror with compass in the mirror. NOT in my 2019 SEL Kona.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thiss looks like the correct option to retrofit a auto dimming mirror with garage door opener.
This looks like a dood solution.
This shows the correct part number and instructions for the auto dimming mirror afile:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/87/07/FC245CF0-3CDD-4146-8C9D-8D424A11E555/V003%20-%202018

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/87/07/FC245CF0-3CDD-4146-8C9D-8D424A11E555/V003%20-%202018KonaAutoDimmingMirror.pdf

1 - 20 of 20 Posts