Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I have had my 2019 Kona since February. Fun little car so far. However, today I took it to the dealer for the second time for the same problem.

On cold start (after at least 6 hours of sitting) I get the warning on the instrument cluster "battery discharge due to external electronic device". I have nothing plugged into the car and nothing is left on when parking the car. This is not to be confused with the warning on the infotainment screen saying to keep the engine running, not the same thing. I took it to the dealer in April, they replaced the battery and called it good.

Today, it happened again, and I am driving to Denver from El Paso (a good 10 hours away) next Friday, so I promptly took it to the dealer so they can try and fix it before I leave.

Any ideas. They told me they will not be able to even look at it until Monday or Tuesday. This is very frustrating seeing as it is a brand new car and already in less than 4 months I have had to take it back twice!

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
I had the same issue, no devices plugged in and made sure all doors were properly closed. After further diagnosis I found that communication to Blue Link had been lost and I assumed the vehicle was constantly looking for service/signal while parked (I confirmed this by checking the modem information and modem status and Blue Link settings) I contacted Blue Link and they suggested resetting the head unit (push in and hold the little recessed button) and perform the service activation for Blue Link. The next morning I was able to start my vehicle remotely and didn't receive the error anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I have had my 2019 Kona since February. Fun little car so far. However, today I took it to the dealer for the second time for the same problem.

On cold start (after at least 6 hours of sitting) I get the warning on the instrument cluster "battery discharge due to external electronic device". I have nothing plugged into the car and nothing is left on when parking the car. This is not to be confused with the warning on the infotainment screen saying to keep the engine running, not the same thing. I took it to the dealer in April, they replaced the battery and called it good.

Today, it happened again, and I am driving to Denver from El Paso (a good 10 hours away) next Friday, so I promptly took it to the dealer so they can try and fix it before I leave.

Any ideas. They told me they will not be able to even look at it until Monday or Tuesday. This is very frustrating seeing as it is a brand new car and already in less than 4 months I have had to take it back twice!

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Were you able to resolve this ? I am having same issues and dealer is not able to figure out

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Sant Fe SE back at the dealership for the 9th time with dead battery. So far they:
1. Replaced battery at 10k miles
- Results: dead battery a week later
2. Replace alternator 1 month ago
- Results: Dead battery towed back to dealership
All this time and the start/stop function does not work but they insist thats not the problem. I've consulted with an attorney today and a letter is going out to Hyundai, AG office, and BBB.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts