Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some detonation on my Kona while running mid grade 89 octane gas. It keeps going until I pull my foot out of it and if I re-apply and get boost again it is gone. I just barely heard it with the radio on one day . The radio covers 90% of the sound, so some of you may miss it. I have my foot into it and am on boost more then most, I caught it when the radio was down or off, I now try to listen for it. I have heard this now with 600 miles on the motor maybe 5 times. Anyone else hear it on their Kona 1.6T??

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Might be, that's why I'm sticking with premium fuel. I haven't heard it at all but then again I'm doing what I believe is needed and using premium grade fuel. I've said it before in another thread, the Kona has a 10:1 compression ratio and is more than able to utilize the benefits of this grade fuel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't hear any ping on our limited, but......

When driving up on a slight or moderate hill I like to switch to manual mode and downshift a gear, because I prefer a bit higher engine rpm over lugging the motor at 1400-1800 rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts