Hyundai Kona Forum banner

April 27 we see if the Kona N is ONLY 2WD or has an AWD option.

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Mainia1 
#1 · (Edited)
April 27 we see if the Kona N is only 2WD or has an AWD option. That is Hyundai's Kona N launch day in Europe for the world's FIRST LIFTED hot hatch. LIFTING a hot hatch with only 2WD, goes against all conventional wisdom, and is just plain stupid as stupid gets. That is why I give it a 5% chance we have an AWD option. All evidence says Hyundai is stupid as heck and will be giving us the world it's FIRST LIFTED hot hatch for no good reason other then they "don't know how to COMPLETE a proper performance car" They leave out a $250 simpleton LSD/$500 eLSD in the "Hyundai One Wheel Wonder" Sonata N-Line and $800 AWD systems in the Kona N package.. I hope I have to eat crow. WAKE UP HYUNDAI !!!!!!

As most of you know by now my opinion has been that we have a very very low chance of AWD, to the point I call out a 5% chance it has AWD. I don't think there will be even an AWD option. Oh, how I hope I am wrong.

#3 · (Edited)
Oh boy, are the commenters being hard on Hyundai. Most l wanted AWD and are looking elsewhere for their car. NOW Hyundai screwed up big time not realizing AWD is the #1 thing people want in this car, for the superior performance on the street and track, not to mention rain and snow. They lost my sale because of it, and a high # of others feel the same way. Clearly an epic fail on Hyundai side of following being a "Cheapskate" car company and always leaving out key cheaper "key very important" items that complete a performance car.

Here with the Sonata N-Line the reality of being a "cheapskate" wrecked a good car. I will start at a point of "driving impressions"

It would of cost Hyundai $250 to put in a simpleton LSD and about $500 for a eLSD. But, they chose to make it a "Hyundai One Wheel Wonder Wheel Spinner" With the Kona N AWD would of cost them $800 tops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.