Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got another email on November 15 and I'll attach a JPG. I also got one in September but none in October. I'm just wondering what others have heard from Hyundai Canada.

The complicating thing is I don't WANT delivery until mid-April as we're away for the winter. January sounds exceedingly over-optimistic as I've heard they're saying early spring now at the LA Auto Show.

Still no pricing! I'll inform you if I get another 'update' for this month.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for sharing this Dennis. Great news for you!!!!

I paid the fee in August and have heard absolutely nothing from Hyundai Canada so I have sent them an email asking why I have not received any notifications (not even an acknowledgement) since I paid.

I realize they will be going through the list by date and I am later than you but since you are in BC this may also be an indication that Provinces with incentive programs are being serviced first. Something that has appeared in the news recently.

Regrettably I am in Ontario where our new government is not as enlightened as yours about the environment - indeed they cancelled our incentive program.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PS:
Dennis, when Tesla had it's reservation program (I did have one but got it refunded once I sat in the Model 3), I had a similar situation so I asked what would happen. They said all I had to do was "activate" the final invitation when I was ready. Maybe you should ask if Hyundai is open to that kind of thing?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Dennis what was the actual price?

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is great news for BC (and Canada) - a 21st century Province with a view to the future, unlike Ontario today. There are now zero incentives for people to go electric and the new plan contains mainly vague broadstroke statements, with very little meaningful detail as I read it.

I agree re. the pricing on the Model 3 but another part of the deal breaker for me was the back seat - I was amazed to find that your toes could not go beneath the back of the front seat. A very odd seating position. Even in the Model S it a a tight fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just read that the US price starts at $36450 - simply converted that could maybe mean the Canadian price would start at almost $48790. Sounds a little higher than I imagined for sure. Does anyone know if it is normally a straight exchange rate pricing for Canada?

With no incentive programs in Ontario etc, when you add taxes it would be about $55130 as a starting price. I assume that would be the 64 kW battery but I wonder what constitutes the extra packages?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Canadian Pricing Announced

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/hyundai-kona-electric-pricing-details-canada/65441/

As I expected the pricing in Canada comes in a bit cheaper than just US exchange conversion. It also appears as if the Canadian model is superior in cold weather at least for the 2019 year. It has active battery heating and a cabin heat exchanger.

https://electricrevs.com/2018/12/20/exclusive-details-on-hyundais-new-battery-thermal-management-design/?fbclid=IwAR1EA6oWATLkz1OzD53KrPuNBxlkbkbXpohLyLWES4uKDqow55HbDBYZNIo

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been lurking here for a month, so I guess it's time to post. I have an early August pre-order in Victoria, BC. Today the dealer called to give me the exciting news that my car was loaded onto the boat today, estimated delivery in 3-6 weeks. After many decades of burning too much gasoline, I'm looking forward to my first electric car!

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Man, I'm beginning to think about this quite a bit, and I really don't like EV's.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
42 Posts
The first Canadian delivery was in Valleyfield, Quebec last week. The dealer in Victoria received his first batch this week. I went down to look and am excited by the prospect of taking delivery soon. Mine will be part of the second batch for Victoria, in two weeks or so. :smile_big:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my Kona EV ultimate a week ago, ORDERED MIDDLE NOVEMBER,a fantastic car and just learning my way around it. I had them throw in a set of aluminum spoked rims and winter tires for my drive on the malahat, Vancouver Island BC.

Ours is nothing fancy just black on black. Two tone takes longer I hear. might be why it arrived sooner.

Hyundai gave us a 100 dollar restaurant card for the wait too which was nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got another email on November 15 and I'll attach a JPG. I also got one in September but none in October. I'm just wondering what others have heard from Hyundai Canada.

The complicating thing is I don't WANT delivery until mid-April as we're away for the winter. January sounds exceedingly over-optimistic as I've heard they're saying early spring now at the LA Auto Show.

Still no pricing! I'll inform you if I get another 'update' for this month.

Dennis
Hi Dennis, at least you're getting e-mails, I ordered in June 2019 and have not heard a word from Hyundai, 9 months

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing this Dennis. Great news for you!!!!

I paid the fee in August and have heard absolutely nothing from Hyundai Canada so I have sent them an email asking why I have not received any notifications (not even an acknowledgement) since I paid.

I realize they will be going through the list by date and I am later than you but since you are in BC this may also be an indication that Provinces with incentive programs are being serviced first. Something that has appeared in the news recently.

Regrettably I am in Ontario where our new government is not as enlightened as yours about the environment - indeed they cancelled our incentive program.
Hi, I am in the same boat, live in the same draconian province of Ontario, I pre-ordered in June 2019 and like you I have not heard one word from Hyundai, 9 months later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts