Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Decided on a 1.6t Trend in Pulse Red. Will take a couple of days to arrive, but I won’t be picking up for about 10 days. Da*n out of town work! Lol. Downsizing from my Santa Fe Sport, shaving almost $150/month off my payment, and will be spending less on gas to boot. All around win!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Trend...are you also in Canada?..hence the Can in your username.

In Ontario they are telling me 15 weeks until I can get mine....none in my colours close and they are not sharing here!

I’m waiting but busy buying parts for upgrades.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dickestonia

Yes, I’m in Saskatchewan. Curious, which color did you order? 15 weeks is a long time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very long time!

Here in London Ontario it’s pick 3 colours and first one they can get their hands on is yours. Chose red, orange, acid yellow....we shall see.

The Trends are no where to be found, one or 2 White or blue in Toronto area but wanted something different.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same situation here in the prairies. Lots of 2.0 ‘s around, a handful of 1.6t Ultimates, but virtually no Trends. Only found one, in Phantom Black. Already have a black car (Nissan 350Z) which is a pampered garage queen. Too hot for a daily driver and the inevitable sratches and swirls would drive me crazy lol.

It seems Hyundai vastly underestimated the demand for the 1.6t ‘s. Everyone wants a Trend in particular. The pricing and features just seem to hit the sweet spot. The dealer told me it could be difficult to pry one away from another dealer provided one can even be found.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That’s where we are here. Not even 100% sure if they can factory order or it’s a wait and see what come off the next container ship in Vancouver.

The Trend here in Canada certainly is that sweet spot as you say and none of the dealers are willing to “share” even if they have one.

Good luck to you, hope we both get we want before the snow flies :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here there seem to be no Konas available, period. Got mine in May --seen only one other on the street!

Speaking of snow flying (yes it's July), have you looked for/found any decent rims for winter tires? I don't really want the black steel ones as up here they are on for the larger portion of the year, so may as well look good. What I read suggests to drop a size from the 18" to allow for a higher sidewall in winter and for the tire maybe go a bit narrower --cuts through the snow better, less planing, better bite generally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts