Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Someone here that have tried to install an Android navigation in a Kona 2019 with an original non navigation music device.
If yes do the rest/reserving cam Work and what kind of Android Navigation did you get/buy?
BR Thomas

·
Registered
81 Posts
i`m not sure if this will help with your question but i have a 2019 kona SE that doesn't have navigation. i connect my samsung S7 android phone through the USB port and use the app called WAZE for navigation. it works flawlessly. if i put the car in reverse the rear camera view pops up and then back to drive and navigation pops back up. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Men to, but wanted an integrated solution.
So I have order an 9" Android navigation Canbus device with WiFi and Bluetooth.
8 cores, 4gb ram and 64 GB HDD.
Is 100% compatible with the Kona.
So I Will get back when I get it and have it installer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i`m not sure if this will help with your question but i have a 2019 kona SE that doesn't have navigation. i connect my samsung S7 android phone through the USB port and use the app called WAZE for navigation. it works flawlessly. if i put the car in reverse the rear camera view pops up and then back to drive and navigation pops back up. hope this helps.
Do I have to download Android Auto before I can download WAZE?

·
Registered
81 Posts
i believe so. i already had waze on my phone when i got the Kona and before trying to use it i downloaded android auto. it doesn`t connect the apps with bluetooth it seems, i have to hardwire connect through the USB plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I have to download Android Auto before I can download WAZE?
Yes and No, If you want to use WAZE in the car Yes... else No... the Android Auto connect the phone to the car and then you tell AA to show WAZE...
And Yes you have to use a cable with the only USB port in the car.

That and the missing second USB, so I can connect a HHD with music, is the reason that I'm trying to install another Car Android radio with build-in AA and CarPlay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts