Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 2021 AWD Limited. Trying to decide if I should install android auto.
Lots of bad reviews here, seems most people don't like it. Too many bugs.
Did you install it? Have they fixed issues with it?
Yeah, I love my new Kona!

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
304 Posts
+1 I like Android Auto. Would be using it a lot more if it was wireless.

·
Registered
2020 Kona Trend - 1.6T AWD - sunset orange
25 Posts
2020 Trend - no issues for me - works perfect (y)

·
Registered
396 Posts
AA and CarPlay are both fantastic!

@jwslam - I use CarPlay mainly, bought a wireless adapter for it from carlinkit (not sure if they do one for AA) - not disappointed at all. Rarely cuts out, takes about 5-15 seconds to connect. Been using it for almost two months now - it was $100 but worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't use it 10 hrs a day but if I'm driving it's ON.
Saves me hours setting in traffic jams (y)

AA and CarPlay are both fantastic!

@jwslam - I use CarPlay mainly, bought a wireless adapter for it from carlinkit (not sure if they do one for AA) - not disappointed at all. Rarely cuts out, takes about 5-15 seconds to connect. Been using it for almost two months now - it was $100 but worth it in my opinion.
I checked a couple weeks ago, still no wireless aa yet :cry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just picked up 2021 AWD Limited. Trying to decide if I should install android auto.
Lots of bad reviews here, seems most people don't like it. Too many bugs.
Did you install it? Have they fixed issues with it?
Yeah, I love my new Kona!
Have 2018 Kona (without navigation) and so use AA daily. Only issue I've have was when I purchased a Samsung S10 which wouldn't connect (apparently a known issue) so reverted to my Nokia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where are you seeing problems with Android Auto? Mine works great: Using an older Samsung Galaxy S7. Even after the AA update some time ago, works good.

My wife's iPhone on the other hand....

·
Registered
68 Posts
1. Make sure you have the latest version of AA. Verify the version on the Play Store vs. what your app says. You may want to see if an OS update is available as well.

2. Possibly a bad cable. I've had numerous cables go bad only because I treat them so badly. Make sure you get a "Data Transfer" Cable and not just a "Charging" cable. By a 3 pack of cables and see what works. I go through one about every 3-4 months.

3. Permissions - This is a tough one as you will have to dig through dozens of menus to make sure the phone can connect with "USB Data Transfer" and/or "Android Auto." These are somewhere in your phone. I'd try to help, but every manufacturer puts settings in a different place. When you first plug your phone into your car, does some kind of notification come up?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had no issues since I sold the Samsung & reverted to my Nokia. As I said when researching the S10/AA problem it was a 'known issue' with no certain solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts