Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't even connect to Android Auto for more than 5 or 10 minutes before it disconnects!
Waze on the phone works fine. I've also tried a couple of cables.
Can Android Auto be updated? How?
I have a 2018 Kona Limited 1.2T

·
Registered
401 Posts
I can't even connect to Android Auto for more than 5 or 10 minutes before it disconnects!
Waze on the phone works fine. I've also tried a couple of cables.
Can Android Auto be updated? How?
I have a 2018 Kona Limited 1.2T
What phone are you using? What cables have you tried? What version of android?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first Hyundai that will support wireless CP and AA will debut in 2021 models.

Can confirm. Just rented a 21 Hyundai Venue while my 19 Kona was in the shop. Wireless AA in the Venue was my first real experience with it and now I'm pretty bummed about not having it in my Kona. Have spent the past 3 hours researching dongles and workarounds. Alas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess you do not know much about either

the Kona or AA about the KONA or WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO the attachments came from support.gogle.com/androidauot. you ,might want to read through it, also you should check out Hyundai Kona on line before you accuse someone of being wrong, you might want to check things out first. Kona was designed with wireless android auto built in. so in fact there are NO EXPERTS to be found here:)
Winner winner chicken dinner
I guess you do not know much about either

the Kona or AA about the KONA or WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO the attachments came from support.gogle.com/androidauot. you ,might want to read through it, also you should check out Hyundai Kona on line before you accuse someone of being wrong, you might want to check things out first. Kona was designed with wireless android auto built in. so in fact there are NO EXPERTS to be found here:)
Winner winner chicken dinner Kane can shut up now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You came to ask us 'as experts' on this matter.
We are all telling you it is NOT available wirelessly, yet you are continuing to argue it is.

1) Show us where Hyundai advertises WIRELESS Android Auto
2) Show us how it's done and we will awe in your awesomeness.
Great answer, don't you just hate these people. I just bought a 2020 Kona last week. Had same question as the owners manual is not clear to me. I thank everyone! I think where the confusion is, at least in my case is the KONA does have bluetooth that works, example your phone to get contacts, sync to car etc. It does NOT have blue tooth for AA. Once I read this forum, I clearly understand (should bought a 2021).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I bet Apple came in to work with Hyundai in 2017 as my early 2018 Kona AWD Limited had a fullly working Apple Car Play and coded Apple Car Play up in a couple months for Hyundai and the Android Team ........well ..........we won't go there.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts