Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Kona, and a Samsung 10E cellphone. I have not been able to install AA wirelessly. It will only work with the cable attached. I have looked at all the videos, read install procedures, but again the only way it will work is with the cable connected.. Can anyone help me out:)
Thanks very much
Allen

·
Administrator
608 Posts
It is not possible. Hyundai doesn't have any car the supports AA wireless that I'm aware of. There is a third party wireless dongle for Carplay.

·
Registered
401 Posts
No stock wireless available - the headhunt lacks the wifi chip that is needed. Too much data for bluetooth. Mixed reviews on the external dongles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2019 and 2020 Hyundai are set for wireless Android Auto, owners manual shows how to connect for wireless , I just cannot get it to set up. Also on the radio display, it clearly shows AA as part of the radios function's.

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
326 Posts
You came to ask us 'as experts' on this matter.
We are all telling you it is NOT available wirelessly, yet you are continuing to argue it is.

1) Show us where Hyundai advertises WIRELESS Android Auto
2) Show us how it's done and we will awe in your awesomeness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess you do not know much about either

the Kona or AA about the KONA or WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO the attachments came from support.gogle.com/androidauot. you ,might want to read through it, also you should check out Hyundai Kona on line before you accuse someone of being wrong, you might want to check things out first. Kona was designed with wireless android auto built in. so in fact there are NO EXPERTS to be found here:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
326 Posts
And which of your potato cam photos specifically say the Kona has wireless AA??

Also good job asking the same thing 3 months ago which came out to the same answers

If you think Hyundai is lying to you, please go ahead and take this to a media outlet.

·
Administrator
608 Posts
2019 and 2020 Hyundai are set for wireless Android Auto, owners manual shows how to connect for wireless , I just cannot get it to set up. Also on the radio display, it clearly shows AA as part of the radios function's.
The first Hyundai that will support wireless CP and AA will debut in 2021 models.

·
Registered
401 Posts
PS TRY READING YOUR NAVIGATION MANUAL
Could you take a snap of that NAVIGATION MANUAL and share where it says it supports wireless airplay or the hyundai website stating we are wrong? We'll wait. Unless your 2019 Kona is from the future or you have a third party head unit in it you do not have the ability to use android auto or carplay wirelessly on the factory head unit without a third party dongle.

In order to achieve a wireless connection between your phone and your car, Android Auto Wireless taps into the wi-fi functionality of your phone and your car radio. That means it only works with vehicles that have Wi-Fi functionality.

The 2019 Kona, regardless of trim levels does not have a compatible headunit. Android Auto and CarPlay both require more bandwidth than bluetooth can handle which is why it needs wifi.

Just because you don't like the answer you are receiving doesn't mean SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS will change the unchangeable fact that your Kona doesn't have the capability to do it with the stock head unit.

P.S. Wireless device charging is not the same as wireless AA/CP, it is simply the ability to charge your device without plugging it in - it is a one trick pony.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Why wont AA over Bluetooth not work for you? As far as WiFi wireless, if you mean that? Clearly, it is not available.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why wont AA over Bluetooth not work for you? As far as WiFi wireless, if you mean that? Clearly, it is not available.

It won't work period - AA requires more bandwidth because of the amount of data that is being transmitted - AA and CP still run on your phone but your head unit becomes a monitor of sorts for your phone - it is referred to as mirroring your phones display. It is just too much information, navigation would be unusable because it couldn't update fast enough, not to mention bluetooth isn't designed to handle that much bandwidth.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Android Auto will not work without a wired connection in the Konas through 2020. You can still connect via bluetooth for phone calls and music. When you are connected to android auto via the USB wired connection it will also use the bluetooth connection but android auto functionality is not available when connected only via bluetooth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2019 Kona, and a Samsung 10E cellphone. I have not been able to install AA wirelessly. It will only work with the cable attached. I have looked at all the videos, read install procedures, but again the only way it will work is with the cable connected.. Can anyone help me out:)
Thanks very much
Allen
Neither Apple Car Play, nor Android Auto work wirelessly. You can stream music and use your phone through Bluetooth, but that's it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts