Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back before the Kona, when I had a 2016 Tucson, when playing music via Android Auto (A/A) and the USB, it was well below 1/2 of the Sirius volume.
Even the general FM stations had more output. Nice level of 10 for FM/ Sirius required at least 20+ for A/A.

Now, moving into the Kona I have the same issue. Rather HAD the same issue.
Reading a few threads and poking around in my settings, I made one simple change.

I use Google Play for my music service. Going into Settings > Playback > Equalizer > Disable Equalizer.
Hooked up the USB this morning, and BAM!!! A/A now plays at the same volume as FM & Sirius.

Sometimes, the little things in life can bring great joy.:grin:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Instead of starting another android thread, will add onto this one. Track phone android 7.0, google maps works on phone, but does not show the streets on android auto screen, in car. Waz maps does. Any clues ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
guess it had to update or something, went out to car hours later and worked fine ? Or I started maps first on phone this time and then connected to car ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use A/A for mapping to job sites all the time.
When I have an appointment scheduled and plug in USB for A/A, they show up when 30 min prior.
Tapping on them then goes directly to routing via google maps. Even includes traffic alerts for construction closures or heavy traffic.

When routing something directly through the phone (not preset) I do have to start the map on the phone first, then A/A will pick it up and offer a route.

Try plugging it in, activating A/A w/ USB cord then voice command "OK Google, navigate to . . . . " pick something you know.
I find this really helpful and works straight away.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts