Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 2 mph fast. If I didn't relied on the HUD. I would be really pissed. I don't think there is a way to adjust it. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2019 Ultimate with NAV. When I set the center LCD to display Miles Per Hour, it does not match the analog speedometer.
From about 10MPH to 30MPH the LCD is about 3+MPH faster.
From 35 to 60 the LCD is about 2 to 3MPH faster. (See attached)
As I get closer to 70MPH they get closer to agreement.

Using my phone's GPS, I see that the digital is probably the one that is correct.
I have checked and the tire size is correct.

Anyone else experience this? Is it something you would take to the dealer to fix?
Maybe I am OCD and I just want the two to match, or maybe it is not such a big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is the same. In the same speed range too. I just figured the analog one wasn't as accurate. Sorry I don't know if there's a fix, but I'm interested if you find anything out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
[QUOTEMaybe I am OCD and I just want the two to match, or maybe it is not such a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question! :devil:

I noticed the same thing, so I just display the MPG on the digital. I've also noticed this on every vehicle we've owned over the last 15 years or so, the analog is always off....

·
Registered
54 Posts
New member...

I just got a 2.0 FWD Kona. The speedo reminds me of the last time I saw a temp gauge move...sometime around 2003....

The digital readout does not really match the analog gauge. The dial is slow to respond, in my opinion...

BTW... Hyundai...there is no need for a 160 speedo. Give me more room and make it just a 120. having to only use 3/5ths of the arc is just...just, wrong.

·
Registered
576 Posts
New member...

I just got a 2.0 FWD Kona. The speedo reminds me of the last time I saw a temp gauge move...sometime around 2003....

The digital readout does not really match the analog gauge. The dial is slow to respond, in my opinion...

BTW... Hyundai...there is no need for a 160 speedo. Give me more room and make it just a 120. having to only use 3/5ths of the arc is just...just, wrong.
Kona is Limited at 135mph.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I set the Cruise Control on my 19 SE AWD, My GPS and the Speedometer, Both show the actual speed slightly less. About 2 MPH. When my plates come in, I'm asking the service dept about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Find speed within 1 mph +- . Cruise control needs a good 2-3 mph higher setting for any hills, also slow to respond to changes of up or down hill. Even overides up to 5 mph at start ! Then settles in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've notice about a 10% difference in displayed speeds between the digital and analogue displays..digital being the lower. This can be the difference between me and an industrious Highway Patrolman. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
34 Posts
I've just noticed this as well, and it can be very random. The digital will be up to 2 mph too high. The needle tends to match the GPS.

So I guess if I'm doing highway travel, turn on Waze and use the GPS to figure out where to set the cruise control.

update 10/15/20 below I guess I got it backwards when I originally posted this one. See subsequent photo**

·
Super Moderator
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How accurate is the digital speedo compared to a GPS? Cars should have all digital displays.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Finally have a picture that shows the issue.

View attachment 4696
Finally have a picture that shows the issue.

View attachment 4696
I noticed it’s not Linear in how much it’s off.. it Can vary.. but it’s close enough in most cases.. This is something I would not pursue with Hyundai as they could mess up the dash, console and what not to try and fix it.. somethings Are left better alone as you might make it worse.. IMO

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
34 Posts
How accurate is the digital speedo compared to a GPS? Cars should have all digital displays.
The digital is within 1 mph of the GPS, so the digital one is the accurate one. The analog is about two mph too slow on average if going by it. May just have to leave the digital speedometer displayed. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine had the HUD. so I rarely needed to look at the instrument panel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts