Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 2 mph fast. If I didn't relied on the HUD. I would be really pissed. I don't think there is a way to adjust it. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2019 Ultimate with NAV. When I set the center LCD to display Miles Per Hour, it does not match the analog speedometer.
From about 10MPH to 30MPH the LCD is about 3+MPH faster.
From 35 to 60 the LCD is about 2 to 3MPH faster. (See attached)
As I get closer to 70MPH they get closer to agreement.

Using my phone's GPS, I see that the digital is probably the one that is correct.
I have checked and the tire size is correct.

Anyone else experience this? Is it something you would take to the dealer to fix?
Maybe I am OCD and I just want the two to match, or maybe it is not such a big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is the same. In the same speed range too. I just figured the analog one wasn't as accurate. Sorry I don't know if there's a fix, but I'm interested if you find anything out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
[QUOTEMaybe I am OCD and I just want the two to match, or maybe it is not such a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question! :devil:

I noticed the same thing, so I just display the MPG on the digital. I've also noticed this on every vehicle we've owned over the last 15 years or so, the analog is always off....

·
Registered
46 Posts
New member...

I just got a 2.0 FWD Kona. The speedo reminds me of the last time I saw a temp gauge move...sometime around 2003....

The digital readout does not really match the analog gauge. The dial is slow to respond, in my opinion...

BTW... Hyundai...there is no need for a 160 speedo. Give me more room and make it just a 120. having to only use 3/5ths of the arc is just...just, wrong.

·
Registered
535 Posts
New member...

I just got a 2.0 FWD Kona. The speedo reminds me of the last time I saw a temp gauge move...sometime around 2003....

The digital readout does not really match the analog gauge. The dial is slow to respond, in my opinion...

BTW... Hyundai...there is no need for a 160 speedo. Give me more room and make it just a 120. having to only use 3/5ths of the arc is just...just, wrong.
Kona is Limited at 135mph.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I set the Cruise Control on my 19 SE AWD, My GPS and the Speedometer, Both show the actual speed slightly less. About 2 MPH. When my plates come in, I'm asking the service dept about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Find speed within 1 mph +- . Cruise control needs a good 2-3 mph higher setting for any hills, also slow to respond to changes of up or down hill. Even overides up to 5 mph at start ! Then settles in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've notice about a 10% difference in displayed speeds between the digital and analogue displays..digital being the lower. This can be the difference between me and an industrious Highway Patrolman. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
15 Posts
I've just noticed this as well, and it can be very random. The digital will be up to 2 mph too high. The needle tends to match the GPS.

So I guess if I'm doing highway travel, turn on Waze and use the GPS to figure out where to set the cruise control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts