Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i had my 13 gencoupe 2.0t, there were a few airbox mods you could do - remove a silencer and flip a few barbs around - to smooth things out/produce a bit more turbo noise, is there anything like that possible with the kona n's 2.0? are there any replacement filters out there as well? it looks like the factory filter is already a pretty big cone filter, but was curious if anyone has done anything intake wise without purchasing a full intake kit. thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe aFe makes a CAI for the N models. Without a tune getting a CAI is useless and pointless.

Smoothing out the inner air box for better air flow and replace the rubber hose with a smoother powder coated pipe or silicone hose will also improve air flow a bit. You might get 2-5 hp gains if anything from these type of mods.

I'm hoping that the three slits on the bumper will get a mod in the future to help suck in additional air into the airbox.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe aFe makes a CAI for the N models. Without a tune getting a CAI is useless and pointless.

Smoothing out the inner air box for better air flow and replace the rubber hose with a smoother powder coated pipe or silicone hose will also improve air flow a bit. You might get 2-5 hp gains if anything from these type of mods.

I'm hoping that the three slits on the bumper will get a mod in the future to help suck in additional air into the airbox.
I want to open mine up eventually, solely because I hate fake vents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts