Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Kona SEL model and when you have the setting on the AC on 1 or 2 on the dial you can hear the AC fan surge from low to high when driving ..... Has anyone else experiences this ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2018 Kona SEL model and when you have the setting on the AC on 1 or 2 on the dial you can hear the AC fan surge from low to high when driving ..... Has anyone else experiences this ?
I haven't noticed my SEL's a/c doing this in the two weeks I've had it, but will listen out for it...with temps already in the 90s here, I've been using the a/c continuously.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
It's a variable temp controlled system. If you set it at a particular degree temp; on auto, the temp you have it set at 70, 75, 80 etc., the fan will change from high, medium or low depending upon the temperature within the Kona to maintain the temperature you've got it set at. You must set the system to manual to overcome the fan changing from the automatic variable settings. Most people just hit the auto on button and don't realize or pay atention. This is why the fan changes speed. Don't use the auto setting, if you want a continuous flow at a particular fan speed and ambient inside temp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have an SEL.
I have totally noticed my fan speed surge but only when the fan speed is at 2. with fresh air on and the AC off.
but it doesn't do it all the time .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts