Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive 2018 Kona Ultimate AWD. My mileage is quite high (>65000) given it's only 3 years old. My car didn't have any trouble until this morning when FCW (forward collision), BCW (blind spot collision), ABS, Downhil brake assist, stability control and AWD service light came on all at the same time!

It had some ominous sign past 2 weeks when FCW malfunction light came on and off sporadically. I tried hard-reset (disconnect battery for 30 minutes) and this-and-that which I can do at my user level, but the warning signs still persist.

Has anyone had this kind of issue? I mean, what are the chances that all these sensors go bunker at the same time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive 2018 Kona Ultimate AWD. My mileage is quite high (>65000) given it's only 3 years old. My car didn't have any trouble until this morning when FCW (forward collision), BCW (blind spot collision), ABS, Downhil brake assist, stability control and AWD service light came on all at the same time!

It had some ominous sign past 2 weeks when FCW malfunction light came on and off sporadically. I tried hard-reset (disconnect battery for 30 minutes) and this-and-that which I can do at my user level, but the warning signs still persist.

Has anyone had this kind of issue? I mean, what are the chances that all these sensors go bunker at the same time!
View attachment 5265
Similar issue here. I just had my ‘18 Kona dash and gauges shut off on me about a week ago. Went out for 2 days, came back on while driving, and every warning light came on much like your picture. Seems to have solved its own problem since, but I have an appointment with the service dept. in a week or so to make sure there’s not any electrical gremlins, I’ll keep you updated with what they find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing your story. How long did it take to get those warning lights disappear?

I look forward hearing what the service dept has to say about your car. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dash was non functional for about 2 days, after it came back on all the warning lights were like that until I turned the car off, was about 20 minutes or so until I parked. No issues since but still getting an electrical diagnostic done soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dash was non functional for about 2 days, after it came back on all the warning lights were like that until I turned the car off, was about 20 minutes or so until I parked. No issues since but still getting an electrical diagnostic done soon.
That's what your warranty is for, use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts