Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that only one or two other Hyundai cars have the nfc unlock feature. Would it be possible to add it to my 21 ultimate somehow? Disappointed that it wasn't included with the ultimate given that it is the highest trim level.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
757 Posts
I know that only one or two other Hyundai cars have the nfc unlock feature. Would it be possible to add it to my 21 ultimate somehow? Disappointed that it wasn't included with the ultimate given that it is the highest trim level.
Seriously? Most high end cars dont even have nfc ability. If you have the ultimate, for $27k, why does it not have automatic air suspension? auto adjusting headlamp levelers? heat and cooled steering wheel? paddle shifters? launch control? automatic parallel parking? Im sure its about price point. The kona is a economy CUV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? Most high end cars dont even have nfc ability. If you have the ultimate, for $27k, why does it not have automatic air suspension? auto adjusting headlamp levelers? heat and cooled steering wheel? paddle shifters? launch control? automatic parallel parking? Im sure its about price point. The kona is a economy CUV.
Yes, seriously; when some cars in the list below are cheaper and lower trims than the ultimate.

• The Hyundai NFC Key Card is compatible with the following model, model years and trims:
    • Elantra: 2021, 2022 -SEL, LIMITED, LIMITED HEV, N-LINE
    • Kona: 2021 - SEL/BLUE(HEV), N-LINE, LIMITED
    • Santa Fe: 2021, 2022 - SEL/BLUE (HEV), LIMITED, CALLIGRAPHY
    • Tucson: 2022 - SEL/BLUE (HEV), N-LINE, LIMITED

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
757 Posts
Yes, seriously; when some cars in the list below are cheaper and lower trims than the ultimate.

• The Hyundai NFC Key Card is compatible with the following model, model years and trims:
    • Elantra: 2021, 2022 -SEL, LIMITED, LIMITED HEV, N-LINE
    • Kona: 2021 - SEL/BLUE(HEV), N-LINE, LIMITED
    • Santa Fe: 2021, 2022 - SEL/BLUE (HEV), LIMITED, CALLIGRAPHY
    • Tucson: 2022 - SEL/BLUE (HEV), N-LINE, LIMITED
The ultimate isnt a 2021 trim model anymore. Its replaced by a N-Line. I bet your "21" is actually a 2020 model, and in which case its not available for your vehicle. The Blue and Calligraphy arent even USA trims.

·
Registered
2021 Kona 1.6T Ultimate
18 Posts
The ultimate isnt a 2021 trim model anymore. Its replaced by a N-Line. I bet your "21" is actually a 2020 model, and in which case its not available for your vehicle. The Blue and Calligraphy arent even USA trims.
That's a 2022 thing.

·
Registered
2021 Kona EV Ultimate
15 Posts
You’re wrong mate. 2021 was the last year the Ultimate was an available trim.

·
Registered
2019 Lake Silver Kona Ultimate
23 Posts
I was just looking for something less extravagant in my Ultimate...like TPMS...Thought that would kinda have been standard too...I had them in my 2010 Nissan, but were annoying there, as they didn't specify WHICH tire was low. :confused:

·
Registered
385 Posts
im just curious what the keycard is used for?
Here's a quote from here.
Hyundai NFC Key Card
The Hyundai NFC Key Card is convenient for anyone who is looking to have quick access in and out of their vehicle. The NFC Card works on vehicles equipped with Digital Key. Allows you to unlock and start your car with a credit card sized NFC key. The card is perfect for anytime you do not want to carry the paired phone. One NFC Key Card can be paired per vehicle. To start the vehicle - you must have card on Wireless Charger."

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
130 Posts
Here's a quote from here.
Hyundai NFC Key Card
The Hyundai NFC Key Card is convenient for anyone who is looking to have quick access in and out of their vehicle. The NFC Card works on vehicles equipped with Digital Key. Allows you to unlock and start your car with a credit card sized NFC key. The card is perfect for anytime you do not want to carry the paired phone. One NFC Key Card can be paired per vehicle. To start the vehicle - you must have card on Wireless Charger."
i meant i dont understand whyd someone would use it or need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts