Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to go to the drive-in, but the radio keeps shutting off. I have keyless ignition, and I have tried all the usual suggestions to get the radio to continually play with the engine off, but it always shuts off after 5 to 10 minutes. I have turned off car in neutral and reverse, then put in park. No good. I have pushed the start button with foot off brake. No good. Pushed start button twice. No good. Three times. No good. Does anyone have a way to keep radio running??

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just run it with the handbrake in park so the lights don't come on at all. It's such a quiet car

·
Registered
370 Posts
The audio is playing through the speakers in the car? Why not just buy a small handheld radio and use that as the audio source instead of the car? It would add to the retro-ness of the whole drive in experience. Instead of setting on the dash you could attach it to the window like the old school single speakers...drive-ins, those were the days.

I would not personally follow yoinkerman's advice and leave the car running for a single or double feature...you know what else is quiet yoinkerman? Carbon monoxide poisoning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts