Hyundai Kona Forum banner

A Well Deserved Nomination!

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  nickndfl 
#1 ·
I was gratified this morning to see that the Kona and Kona EV were among the finalists chosen in the Utility Vehicle of the Year category of the 2019 North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards! The other two finalists in the category are the Acura RDX and the Jaguar I-Pace! The winner will be announced at the Detroit Auto Show in January...as the happy owner of a Kona SEL for six months now, I know that Kona well deserves this recognition and ultimately, hopefully the win! :smile:

#2 ·
They definitely are everything they've claimed it to be. Best of luck!!

Blessings and Peace

#3 ·
Kona/Kona EV Wins!

From a crowded field of over 20 vehicles in this category, and beating out the Acura RDX and Jaguar I-Pace to win, I'm proud to see that the Hyundai Kona/Kona EV has been named Utility Vehicle of the Year in the 2019 North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards! Way to go, Hyundai and the Kona team for a real winner! :smile:

#4 ·
Winners of the 2019 North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year Announced: Genesis G70, Hyundai Kona/Kona EV, and Ram 1500
2019, Winners / By NACTOY
North American Car Utility and Truck of the Year awards logos
NACTOY winners announced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit DETROIT, January 14, 2019 – After hundreds of hours of test drives, research and evaluation by independent jurors, the Genesis G70, Hyundai Kona/Kona EV and Ram 1500 were revealed as the winners of the 2019 North American Car, Utility and Truck of the …

#9 ·
The Kona continues to rack up awards with the news that it was named the 2019 Crossover of the Year by the Texas Motor Press Association (TxMPA), which includes automotive journalists from all over the state.

Quoting Michael Herzing, President, TxMPA, “The Texas Motor Press Association is proud to recognize the top contenders in the automotive industry in terms of new vehicle innovation, drivability, and design with the Texas Vehicle of the Year Awards. Jurors spent thousands of hours in 2018 test driving the newest vehicles on the market to help them cast informed votes. The Hyundai Kona was selected Texas Crossover of the Year for its enhanced driving dynamics and responsive performance for a variety of urban and multi-surface driving conditions.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.