Hyundai Kona Forum banner

A slight rumor is the Kona N will not make it to North America shores.

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Bebop 
#1 ·
A slight rumor is the Kona N will not make it to North America. I saw it on the Tork Facebook page 1 or 2 people said they talked to a Hyundai rep and they said the Kona N is Euro / Asian car only. Now this is just a rumor. But not one some of us want to hear.

#5 ·
From what I’ve gathered from reading the Hyundai USA Media site, it looks like the US will get the Kona N Line in 2021. However, the true “N” version could take longer to reach the US market. I think part of the reason for the delay in the “N” version, is particularly due to Hyundai’s still testing to determine which engine/transmission combination will be in the production model. They keep mentioning that it will also be AWD! I see they have tested two different HP versions of the 2.0 Turbo. And have also considered using the 2.5 Turbo. For transmissions, they have at least three possible options. The wet or dry version of the DCT seven speed, a new eight speed DCT, and a standard trans of some type. If nothing else, they have achieved great anticipation of the forthcoming “N” model!

#13 ·
That’s exactly what they are testing. The “N” is said to be AWD, whichever motor is used. Having owned a 2016 Tucson Ultimate with FWD, I knew how “goosey” it was with the 1.6 Turbo. That’s the primary reason I went with AWD on my 2020 Kona Ultimate! Plus, having the independent rear suspension dramatically improves the handling. And the Torque Vectoring really works in putting the power to the ground! Even though we get snow here occasionally, my reasons for getting the AWD was purely for the enhanced performance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.