Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I download the owners manual?

So I can find out how to stop the 5 chimes that go off every time I hit the start button???

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know that you can download the manual yet (not available in myhyundai yet) but the welcome chime is accessible via the steering wheel controls, right side.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know that you can download the manual yet (not available in myhyundai yet) but the welcome chime is accessible via the steering wheel controls, right side.
I didn't find the manual on myhyundai, I did find a few on google?????

The welcome chime wasn't turned on, I quickly turned it off, catchy tune.
The chime, chime, chime, chime, chime was still chiming while the welcome was playing.

Thanks I play with the steering wheel tomorrow.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't think you can turn off the five chimes - I thought you were talking about the welcome sound but I don't believe there is a user friendly way to disable the five chimes.

·
Super Moderator
476 Posts
For some odd reason the USA version of the owner's manual is still not on line. But you can download one from your Hyundai app. The one for the blue link stufff.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bluelink is on Ultimate only along with upgraded mirror and HUD.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No, it is not. It is the same European version I downloaded few months ago.
https://carmanuals2.com/hyundai/kona-2018-owner-s-manual-110342

This is the UK/US version there same as it is in my owners manual hard copy. I am unclear why the UK version you might be reading has any differences, they state European version in some of the details.

If you are uncertain you should call the dealer and express you want a owners manual of which you are entitled to for your purchase from them or call Hyundai USA.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The app version sucks. I'm trying to figure out how to extract the file from the app.

Click on the blue owners manual left side upper corner and wait for it download and it will pop up at the bottom of your screen. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat reader you need to download it as the file is PDF and only will open this way, your download will in the downloads on your computer.

·
Super Moderator
476 Posts
https://carmanuals2.com/hyundai/kona-2018-owner-s-manual-110342

This is the UK/US version there same as it is in my owners manual hard copy. I am unclear why the UK version you might be reading has any differences, they state European version in some of the details.

If you are uncertain you should call the dealer and express you want a owners manual of which you are entitled to for your purchase from them or call Hyundai USA.
Most are the the same. There are some differences such as maintenance intervals, etc. This is from your link and no mention of the 2.0 engine. I have emailed them and they said "Soon". that was over a month ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/maintenance-schedule/index.aspx/

Oil fill is 4.2 qts with filter ,5W/30 or what is stated on the oil cap.

I did not read the manual on the oil amount on an oil change The 4.2 qt amount was a surprise on my first oil fill. I would of surely thought it would of been 5 qts with a turbo. I had to pull the oil out with my oil analysis 3oz bottle/pump because I did not want to dump good Amsoil away.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts