Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost 2 years of ownership coming up... still enjoying the Kona and it’s still meeting all my needs..
but... there is always room for improvement and refinements..
I hope they work on the DCT programming, when in sport mode.. with light throttle at near steady speed, the system should sense the lack of torque/power Being used and up shift instead of holding rpms until almost 3k.. My early 2000 accord did this.. but would hold rpms and keep car in the sweet spot when it was being pushed..
They need to fix the idle speed with the AC on, sport mode raises the idle and it’s OK.. but in normal mode, it works okay sometimes.. other times the idle gets too low and and cause the engine to shake.. both of these can be fixed with software.. but will they..
I’m impressed with the car overall, high on value, Performance, etc.. but I don’t Get that warm fuzzy feeling I did when I owned Honda or Toyota when it comes to the engineering/reliability and especially the refinement of the engine. Especially with honda, being an engine company to begin with.. That’s just me being anal... Time will tell.. any other things to add ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
  • Halogen headlights really suck. Surprised they comply with safety standards.
  • Sound proofing could be better but that's being picky.
  • Reverse light on drivers side would be nice in my territory
  • Engine Start button should be on the right side of the wheel for RHD markets.
  • Keyless entry button is old. They should replace with the touch/conductive sensors.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Almost 2 years of ownership coming up... still enjoying the Kona and it’s still meeting all my needs..
but... there is always room for improvement and refinements..
I hope they work on the DCT programming, when in sport mode.. with light throttle at near steady speed, the system should sense the lack of torque/power Being used and up shift instead of holding rpms until almost 3k.. My early 2000 accord did this.. but would hold rpms and keep car in the sweet spot when it was being pushed..
They need to fix the idle speed with the AC on, sport mode raises the idle and it’s OK.. but in normal mode, it works okay sometimes.. other times the idle gets too low and and cause the engine to shake.. both of these can be fixed with software.. but will they..
I’m impressed with the car overall, high on value, Performance, etc.. but I don’t Get that warm fuzzy feeling I did when I owned Honda or Toyota when it comes to the engineering/reliability and especially the refinement of the engine. Especially with honda, being an engine company to begin with.. That’s just me being anal... Time will tell.. any other things to add ?
Sadly, I think they will do nothing. I agree on everything listed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
  • Keyless entry button is old. They should replace with the touch/conductive sensors.
Actually glad it has a physical button. I had the touch sensors on my '17 VW GTI and I disliked them, especially having to slide my fingers behind the handle to unlock and touch the outside to lock. It was finicky and often took multiple attempts to accept. A simple button to do both just makes sense, and it always works.

·
Super Moderator
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A six-speed manual transmission would be great in my market.
I agree on the the key-less entry.
I would have bought a true manual for this car if it was offered.. the DCT is an interesting compromise... but it could be better..

·
Registered
34 Posts
My biggest peeve with my 2020 Limited:

The buttons for the garage door controls on the mirror don't work after you turn off the vehicle. The radio will stay on and the windows and sunroof still have power until the doors open but they cut the power to the garage door buttons. Dumb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd just like to see the lights stay on longer when you unlock the car at night. 15 seconds doesn't cut it on a long driveway. Would be nice to be able to adjust the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
  • Halogen headlights really suck. Surprised they comply with safety standards.
  • Sound proofing could be better but that's being picky.
  • Reverse light on drivers side would be nice in my territory
  • Engine Start button should be on the right side of the wheel for RHD markets.
My 2020 Kona Limited has LED's.
Definitely needs better sound-proofing.
The keyless sensor on my previous vehicle (2018 Honda CRV) was terrible. While washing the car, it would lock/unlock every time I went near it. I prefer the button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My two cents, i would brighten the blindspot warning light in the mirrors or i would move the lights inboard on the inside. I often use the heads up display when in traffic so i can easily see when the blindspot indicator comes on. I would surely give the trims with LED lights matching LED fog lights. I have swapped to LED for light bulbs and they are awesome. Cooled seats would be sweet too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd like to see the HUD become a projector onto the windshield, and as a standalone option. After driving with one now on the other car, I really miss it when I drive the wife's Kona.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Kona
38 Posts
I would like to see Lane Keep Assist (LKA) in the Trend especially considering how much that trim costs. Actually all safety features should be in all trims.

Lumbar support would be nice. Also, if they could get rid of the flashing hazards when you remote start the car. That is annoying especially since I do not have Bluelink.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2020 Kona Limited has LED's.
Definitely needs better sound-proofing.
The keyless sensor on my previous vehicle (2018 Honda CRV) was terrible. While washing the car, it would lock/unlock every time I went near it. I prefer the button.
LED headlights should be standard across the range for safety if nothing else.
I don't know about your Honda but the keyless entry sensors on my old 2013 car were only active if the key was in your pocket or nearby. I unlocked before I washed the car and kept the key far enough away. No dramas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
LEDs for all lighting inside and out 100%
6 speed manual would have been nice but i still would not have bought it. the DCT is great for performance and traffic.
Putton locks are way better than sensors.
Not flashing the hazards on remote start would be great.
fixing the remote conection issues would be better.
Mine has cooled and heated seats. dont know why yours doesnt
Big brake option would be nice but aftermarket will suffice

I would like more than 1250kg tow rating though (Australia)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts