Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a little problem/concern with my Kona Ultimate. This just started happening yesterday. So I have the A/C on and I have a passenger telling me she feels water on her leg. So she felt under/behind the glove compartment and she felt some water dripping. I felt it too and couldn’t tell what it is. It is only dripping on the passenger side. Also when I make a left turn, it sounds like water evaporating when hitting something really hot or lie a baq got stuck in the wheel well. It doesn't make this sound when i turn right. But when I have the A/C off, no water and no sound when I turn. And the A/C doesn’t feel as cold anymore. Any idea what this is? Thank you!

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's condensate from the a/c condenser in the dash. It's supposed to run out a drain to the ground. Sometimes the drain gets plugged. If you are able to gun under your car look for it being a rubber hose on the passenger's side near the firewall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's condensate from the a/c condenser in the dash. It's supposed to run out a drain to the ground. Sometimes the drain gets plugged. If you are able to gun under your car look for it being a rubber hose on the passenger's side near the firewall.
oh ok so basically this tube is clogged and i have to drain it by taking off the hose under the car?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello. I have a little problem/concern with my Kona Ultimate. This just started happening yesterday. So I have the A/C on and I have a passenger telling me she feels water on her leg. So she felt under/behind the glove compartment and she felt some water dripping. I felt it too and couldn’t tell what it is. It is only dripping on the passenger side. Also when I make a left turn, it sounds like water evaporating when hitting something really hot or lie a baq got stuck in the wheel well. It doesn't make this sound when i turn right. But when I have the A/C off, no water and no sound when I turn. And the A/C doesn’t feel as cold anymore. Any idea what this is? Thank you!
OK, this happened to me 2x now. First time I crawled under car, had to jack it up to fit, removed the three screws and cross over cover to find the drain tube about 10 inches away and to tight to reach. Barely got battery filler on it to blow back on it, it cleared. Second time decided the **** with that attempt. Passenger side, center front has two screws on cover, then prying out the one by the center it popped loose some, but still hangs there. After this I was able to pull it out enough to get my fingers in on the drain hose. It is about five inches long behind the cover, then about two inches drop at top end of foot rug rest. Saying where passenger sits and rest feet, top left about five inches and two inches down from rug top is the drain under rug. Pull rug out and the drain hose is about four inches through the floor. Pulls out real easy and slides back in easy. You may be able to just do this first without pulling the side panel cover loose. I pulled the whole hose off to clear it out, Use a pan to catch the the water, about a quart or more may run out. My wife complained of wet feet when this started on left hand turns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, this happened to me 2x now. First time I crawled under car, had to jack it up to fit, removed the three screws and cross over cover to find the drain tube about 10 inches away and to tight to reach. Barely got battery filler on it to blow back on it, it cleared. Second time decided the **** with that attempt. Passenger side, center front has two screws on cover, then prying out the one by the center it popped loose some, but still hangs there. After this I was able to pull it out enough to get my fingers in on the drain hose. It is about five inches long behind the cover, then about two inches drop at top end of foot rug rest. Saying where passenger sits and rest feet, top left about five inches and two inches down from rug top is the drain under rug. Pull rug out and the drain hose is about four inches through the floor. Pulls out real easy and slides back in easy. You may be able to just do this first without pulling the side panel cover loose. I pulled the whole hose off to clear it out, Use a pan to catch the the water, about a quart or more may run out. My wife complained of wet feet when this started on left hand turns.
oh god this seems very hard for me im not that car savvy lol. got any pics of where these screws are for the 2nd part?

·
Super Moderator
1,011 Posts
oh god this seems very hard for me im not that car savvy lol. got any pics of where these screws are for the 2nd part?
try to see it from below.. you can always use a stick or something to clear it.. I haven’t needed to do it on this car... but have done it in the past on others..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts