Hyundai Kona Forum banner

2022 Kona N

7K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Dan2000 
#1 ·
This is from the Driving.ca website with the engine configurations for the Kona N.

"The Kona N will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with two different power outputs. The base model will produce 246 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque; while the Performance-Package-equipped model will feature 276 horsepower and 289 lb-ft of torque. Both versions of the engine can be paired to either an eight-speed automatic, or a six-speed manual transmission".

#2 ·
So better power numbers than the current WRX, probably a bit heavier (2020 1.6T AWD is ~3300 lbs) than the WRX, and with a proper transmission when looking at the automatics as the Subaru automatic is a CVT. Here is to hoping the price isn't sky high especially given that the Kona isn't much bigger than most hatchbacks.

#22 ·
Just got a couple of small dumps of snow my way in the last few days. Tried the AWD up a snowy hill from a dead stop. It when like it was on dry pavement. It's fantastic how it does not slip and slide all over the place like all the FWD cars I previously had. I can't wait to try when we get a good amount of snow and lock the differential and drive down my street before the plow goes by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.