Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, new N Line owner for about 2 months. Just curious if other are finding actual gas mileage much higher then advertised. We have driven about 2,000 KM and overall fuel economy shows cumulative average of 6.8 l/100K, or about US 34.5 mpg. About 80% city driving and 20% hwy driving , fwd driven in smart mode by my wife, very pleasantly surprised at fuel economy.

Also, I wonder if the remaining gas mileage until empty is accurate as my wife filled up and there was about 100km remaining but when filling the tank the pump clicked off after filling up just under 40 liters when the tank is supposed to hold 50 liters?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello, new N Line owner for about 2 months. Just curious if other are finding actual gas mileage much higher then advertised. We have driven about 2,000 KM and overall fuel economy shows cumulative average of 6.8 l/100K, or about US 34.5 mpg. About 80% city driving and 20% hwy driving , fwd driven in smart mode by my wife, very pleasantly surprised at fuel economy.

Also, I wonder if the remaining gas mileage until empty is accurate as my wife filled up and there was about 100km remaining but when filling the tank the pump clicked off after filling up just under 40 liters when the tank is supposed to hold 50 liters?
Yes it is underrated in my N model I have seen 35.4 to 35.6 mpg in eco mode driving up from Tucson to Phoenix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 34 mpg were most urban driving, hwy driving at 55mph saw mpg in the 40 - 42 range, I was just wondering if the calibration was off or if mpg estimates are on the low side?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a full N, so what I see fuel economy wise isn’t directly applicable to your experience…but I will say that my car routinely beats its EPA highway estimates by 4-5 MPG or so. I’ve even seen as high as 33 or 34.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The FWD Turbo GDI engines can have great mileage. AWD is just heavier and more friction-- so lower mileage.

Mine is now saying 35.6 overall for a 20 Limited 1.6 Turbo GDI DCT.

Now...I drive a lot of back roads and Highways. If I drive about 50-60mph, the computer says something like 46mpg.

I think it all boils down to your environment. City/Urban traffic can kill the mileage.

Just me...if you drive a lot of stop and go driving, take it out on the highway at least twice a month. You may have less problems if you take it out and let it run at 70=/- mph for 20-30 mins every other week.

·
Administrator
684 Posts
My 34 mpg were most urban driving, hwy driving at 55mph saw mpg in the 40 - 42 range, I was just wondering if the calibration was off or if mpg estimates are on the low side?
Drive a few tanks before drawing any conclusion. There is a reason 55 used to be the speed limit and you might have a tail wind that day.

·
Registered
100 Posts

The N line is AWD on Canadian models.

Pat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts