Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kona N-Line "Veronica"
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm not super new to the forum but only just decided to post an intro- Last October I said goodbye to my dear old Betty (2012 CR-V) in the form of an auto accident. No injuries thankfully but I was left with a very generous payout courtesy of the upside down car market we had been riding. I narrowed my search down to a few small crossovers via online research but what did it for me was one day parked on the street directly below my partner's condo was this car that caught my eye; black on black (aftermarket wheels), cool styling, and a real nice stance. I had to run down to take a look because the car wasn't a regular of the neighborhood. Once I got outside I realized I was looking at a 2021 Kona SE which was one of the cars on my shortlist of research. Now I thought the '21 Kona was nice but I swooned over the '22 N-Line once I started stalking the lots.

Cut to a three month long wait later. I picked up my beautiful Blue Wave N-Line or "Veronica" from the dealership.

She's still stock but hauls a fair amount of ass as some of you know. I plan to do wheels/tires(a dedicated set for Summer and Winter), exhaust work, fogs, roof crossbars for an eventual cargo rack, and maybe something on the intake if anyone comes up with a solid patent.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
109 Posts
That is a great color !! I like that they started color matching the plastic around the wheels (fenders?). The stock wheels are really nice and fit the look of the car.

I'm sure you can find lots of info on mods and other performance topics. Mainia1 and 1fastkona have a lot of suggestions, critiques, and just good ole information on this.

I've got a 20 Limited FWD. It is probably the best fun-to-drive vs. utility I've really ever had. It does haul azz and it can get great fuel mileage.

Let us know about the tires. I've got the stock Goodyears and they are OK. I'd like to hear others' tire usage/recommendations. If you get new wheels, send pics !!

·
Registered
2022 Kona N-Line "Veronica"
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coincidentally, the week before last I took a road trip from Boston to Kentucky for a week of camping. On my return trip I encountered several Konas on the road, most seemed like daily drivers though I found one other that might've been more, they were scooting and weaving through traffic like I was and I had a brief thought that maybe they knew about this place. Anyway It was white '20-'21 and in the NY/CT area IIRC. I can't remember the plate state anymore.

Hey all,

I'm not super new to the forum but only just decided to post an intro- Last October I said goodbye to my dear old Betty (2012 CR-V) in the form of an auto accident. No injuries thankfully but I was left with a very generous payout courtesy of the upside down car market we had been riding. I narrowed my search down to a few small crossovers via online research but what did it for me was one day parked on the street directly below my partner's condo was this car that caught my eye; black on black (aftermarket wheels), cool styling, and a real nice stance. I had to run down to take a look because the car wasn't a regular of the neighborhood. Once I got outside I realized I was looking at a 2021 Kona SE which was one of the cars on my shortlist of research. Now I thought the '21 Kona was nice but I swooned over the '22 N-Line once I started stalking the lots.

Cut to a three month long wait later. I picked up my beautiful Blue Wave N-Line or "Veronica" from the dealership.

She's still stock but hauls a fair amount of ass as some of you know. I plan to do wheels/tires(a dedicated set for Summer and Winter), exhaust work, fogs, roof crossbars for an eventual cargo rack, and maybe something on the intake if anyone comes up with a solid patent.

View attachment 7284

1 - 3 of 3 Posts