Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
There was some controversy when the owners of this site added the N section. The problem is the Kona N is completely differnt car then the N-Line. The N-Line is the same car in the USA as the Ultimate and limited, but with different badges, interior pieces, and various other "cosmetic " changes. The suspension on the N-Line is said to be the exact same as the Limited and Ultimate. The Kona N AGAIN is a totally different car with active suspension, larger motor, different transmission ect......

The owners of this site need to get this figured out fast or this section and Kona N-Line will become a large "cluster mess" very very quickly.

·
Registered
202 Kona N Line w/ tech package on 19in Konig Ampliforms
177 Posts
All of that said, I can say that in my N LINE, the wireless charger only works when all doors are closed and when it does work, it's about as useful as **** on a nun. VERY slow to charge and gets my phone really warm, almost hot.

Also, check in the menu, I believe that there is a way to turn the pad on/off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of that said, I can say that in my N LINE, the wireless charger only works when all doors are closed and when it does work, it's about as useful as **** on a nun. VERY slow to charge and gets my phone really warm, almost hot.

Awesome thank you

·
Premium Member
2022 Kona N-Line
24 Posts

ThatDude is correct. I have disabled it in my car as it made my phone really hot and the charge went down while it was on the wireless charger. So not only do we not get wireless CarPlay or Android Audio, we can't use the wireless charger either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Bought the Kona N (NOT N-Line) and the wireless charging pad does not work. Went to the convenience settings just like on a I30 N and there is not a setting for the wireless charger. Took the phone out of the case as well?
Any help appreciated?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t charge my iPhone 12 on the charging pad in my 2022kona n. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it.
Just Bought the Kona N (NOT N-Line) and the wireless charging pad does not work. Went to the convenience settings just like on a I30 N and there is not a setting for the wireless charger. Took the phone out of the case as well?
Any help appreciated?
Hello. I have the same problem and they couldn’t fix it. The new iPhones draw too much power for the Kona n lines charger. iPhone 12 and up does not work. They work on every other new Hyundai wireless charger but this model. I was ver disappointed when I found out they couldn’t fix it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello. I have the same problem and they couldn’t fix it. The new iPhones draw too much power for the Kona n lines charger. iPhone 12 and up does not work. They work on every other new Hyundai wireless charger but this model. I was ver disappointed when I found out they couldn’t fix it.
I think that's what happened to mine. Too much power draw (Samsung 10+) blew out a fuse. But I couldn't find the specific fuse in the owner's manual. And couldn't get into a position from my wheelchair to reach under the dash and poke around randomly. 😓

·
Registered
95 Posts
My N-line won't charge my I-phone either. Of course in my case, I found out that my phone (I-phone 7) is not Qi compatible. Disappointing, indeed....
That was my problem, the Otterbox case. It wouldn't allow any wireless charging even after I added a new 45w system in my home. But I got rid of the otterbox case and all is well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had my Kona N for 2 weeks now. When I first drove it, the wireless charger worked perfectly. When I last used the charging pad, I noticed the Iphone (11) was warmer to the touch than usual. The charging pad has since stoped working. I can’t even find the setting under the ’convenience’ setting anymore. I hope this can be fixed. I’ll keep you posted if I learn anything useful.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’ve had my Kona N for 2 weeks now. When I first drove it, the wireless charger worked perfectly. When I last used the charging pad, I noticed the Iphone (11) was warmer to the touch than usual. The charging pad has since stoped working. I can’t even find the setting under the ’convenience’ setting anymore. I hope this can be fixed. I’ll keep you posted if I learn anything useful.
Sorry to report, it's dead. Get your dealer appt now it will take a month. 🤭

1 - 20 of 21 Posts