Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t charge my iPhone 12 on the charging pad in my 2022kona n. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have no case on the phone and even pulled the rubber mat out to see if that would help.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
So do you have a Kona N or Kona N-Line? If you have a Kona N-Line you are in the wrong section. The Kona N-Line should be in the normal Kona section since is a "normal " Kona.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh okay it looks as if I am wrong I have an N-line just got it yesterday. I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed here. I will figure it out

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
There was some controversy when the owners of this site added the N section. The problem is the Kona N is completely differnt car then the N-Line. The N-Line is the same car in the USA as the Ultimate and limited, but with different badges, interior pieces, and various other "cosmetic " changes. The suspension on the N-Line is said to be the exact same as the Limited and Ultimate. The Kona N AGAIN is a totally different car with active suspension, larger motor, different transmission ect......

The owners of this site need to get this figured out fast or this section and Kona N-Line will become a large "cluster mess" very very quickly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
All of that said, I can say that in my N LINE, the wireless charger only works when all doors are closed and when it does work, it's about as useful as **** on a nun. VERY slow to charge and gets my phone really warm, almost hot.

Also, check in the menu, I believe that there is a way to turn the pad on/off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of that said, I can say that in my N LINE, the wireless charger only works when all doors are closed and when it does work, it's about as useful as **** on a nun. VERY slow to charge and gets my phone really warm, almost hot.

Awesome thank you

·
Premium Member
2022 Kona N-Line
14 Posts

ThatDude is correct. I have disabled it in my car as it made my phone really hot and the charge went down while it was on the wireless charger. So not only do we not get wireless CarPlay or Android Audio, we can't use the wireless charger either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts