Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm a proud owner of 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric SEL - what an incredible car! I have had multiple electrified cars such as civic hybrid, soul EV, Niro PHEV and currently own a Tesla Model 3 as well so if you have some questions, feel free to reach out.
Going back to my new Kona - I definitely need your advise for a few accessories to sweeten up my new ride:

1. Floorliner - what do you have? Is there any difference between 2020,2021,2022 as far as floor liner?

2. LED Headlight bulb - I believe it's 9005, which brand do you recommend? Fan or fanless?

3. Seat Cover - wondering if anyone has the WetOkole and I'd love to see some pictures?

Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm a proud owner of 2022 Hyundai Kona Electric SEL - what an incredible car! I have had multiple electrified cars such as civic hybrid, soul EV, Niro PHEV and currently own a Tesla Model 3 as well so if you have some questions, feel free to reach out.
Going back to my new Kona - I definitely need your advise for a few accessories to sweeten up my new ride:

1. Floorliner - what do you have? Is there any difference between 2020,2021,2022 as far as floor liner?

2. LED Headlight bulb - I believe it's 9005, which brand do you recommend? Fan or fanless?

3. Seat Cover - wondering if anyone has the WetOkole and I'd love to see some pictures?

Thank you!
I have a great set of all-weather floor mats for my 2022 Kona EV Limited (I assume would fit your SEL). When I bought, the only company that made for 2022 was a Canadian Company. WeatherTech didn't make them at that time. If interested, I can look up sales info and post it. I did post it earlier. You could likely find it if you search for floor mats or all-weather floor mats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a great set of all-weather floor mats for my 2022 Kona EV Limited (I assume would fit your SEL). When I bought, the only company that made for 2022 was a Canadian Company. WeatherTech didn't make them at that time. If interested, I can look up sales info and post it. I did post it earlier. You could likely find it if you search for floor mats or all-weather floor mats.
Is that tuxmat brand? How do you like it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is that tuxmat brand? How do you like it?
It is the Taxman product. I am very pleased. They are very comprehensive; that is, they are not just the floor. They extend a good 2 inches above the floor. They fit snug & don't shift. The driver's mat, after winter mess, will be a challenge to clean. I may have to remove and power wash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Their website photo makes it looks nice and easy to clean (just vacuum and wet sponge). Weathertech still shows 2021, not 2022 - I wonder if there is any changes on the dimension although I doubt it.

It is the Taxman product. I am very pleased. They are very comprehensive; that is, they are not just the floor. They extend a good 2 inches above the floor. They fit snug & don't shift. The driver's mat, after winter mess, will be a challenge to clean. I may have to remove and power wash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you! Their website photo makes it looks nice and easy to clean (just vacuum and wet sponge). Weathertech still shows 2021, not 2022 - I wonder if there is any changes on the dimension although I doubt it.
Things may have changed since I researched in Sept, 2021. But, at that time, Tux... folks said their 2021 wouldn't fit perfect on the 2022. So, unless WeatherTech says 2022, I wouldn't trust a 2021. However, call their sales dept or tech dept. Phone call is free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I just called Weathertech today and confirmed their engineers are working on it. Btw, do you have side window visors? Weathertech doesn't make them for our cars but I see that Hyundai has them for $285 installed.

Things may have changed since I researched in Sept, 2021. But, at that time, Tux... folks said their 2021 wouldn't fit perfect on the 2022. So, unless WeatherTech says 2022, I wouldn't trust a 2021. However, call their sales dept or tech dept. Phone call is free.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, I just called Weathertech today and confirmed their engineers are working on it. Btw, do you have side window visors? Weathertech doesn't make them for our cars but I see that Hyundai has them for $285 installed.
I don't have side window visors - not sure to what u refer; but, sure I don't have them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
BTW - I cleaned my Tux... mats yesterday and was able to clean up quite a mess with strong solution of hot Simple Green/water and rinse w/water and let air dry - didn't have to power wash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not so popular here in the US but a long time ago I went to Malaysia and saw how useful to have this type of visor.

It's like this:

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not so popular here in the US but a long time ago I went to Malaysia and saw how useful to have this type of visor.

It's like this:
AhHa! This was I expected. Living in Spokane, WA, USA, we only get about 16-17 inches of precipitation annually and several of that is snow. So, not much need and I see very few cars with side window visors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see why it's less popular in the US because many people bring dogs in the car and the visor blocks the opening of the window.
Btw, do you have the SEL model? Any recommendation for LED headlight bulbs?

AhHa! This was I expected. Living in Spokane, WA, USA, we only get about 16-17 inches of precipitation annually and several of that is snow. So, not much need and I see very few cars with side window visors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cover - wondering if anyo
I got the AUXITO 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White sold by TOPIK LIGHTING

they were only $40 for me, but now they are looking a bit more. they match the running lights perfectly. I've only had them a month but there is no drain on brightness so far. very easy install. those stock bulbs were sad, yellow and yuck. LOL> These are just right.

havent changed from the stock floor mats, (My car only had one option but it was a bundle and floor mats were in it, so I'll grind them down a bit before i do that. and I haven't covered my seats in fear that the seat heaters will be insulated from my back side.LOL but theyre so strong i should do it before i spill any coffee on it. hope the light info helps!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. Auxito looks promising just like every other 9005 LEDs out there from Amazon so I haven't decided yet.

I got the AUXITO 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White sold by TOPIK LIGHTING

they were only $40 for me, but now they are looking a bit more. they match the running lights perfectly. I've only had them a month but there is no drain on brightness so far. very easy install. those stock bulbs were sad, yellow and yuck. LOL> These are just right.

havent changed from the stock floor mats, (My car only had one option but it was a bundle and floor mats were in it, so I'll grind them down a bit before i do that. and I haven't covered my seats in fear that the seat heaters will be insulated from my back side.LOL but theyre so strong i should do it before i spill any coffee on it. hope the light info helps!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts