Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! Of course i just realized the wheel locks were already installed 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
362 Posts
thank you! Of course i just realized the wheel locks were already installed 🤦‍♂️
I find the wheel locks more of an annoyance than anything else. They do not prevent your wheels being stolen if you are concerned about that. In a pinch, they are trivial to remove, usually tapping on a multipoint socket. That, of course mars the locking nut where the socket bites into the side, but the thiefs do not care about that.
The only thing these really accomplish is make taking off the wheels a nuisance. If the key gets misplaced or damaged (both can happen easily) , then you have to use the multipoint socket method to thake off the wheels, and at that time you probably will throw these away. If you get them at the time you buy the car, you are easily paying triple what they are worth. If you must have them, they are common on Ebay, I sold multiple sets where I could not prevent the dealer from putting them on the car. (I think I may have a set in the garage that came off the Kona EV), Anyhow, just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts