1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ultimate thunder gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2021 ultimate has a 2157A bulb.
PY21/1157 equivalent.

So it's a double filament amber bulb with 180 degree staggered height pins.

A single filament bulb with 180 degree pins of equal height 1156/2156 will not work despite listing this bulb type as correct on some trim lines.

Most cars with the double filament bulb do double duty.
As parking light for one filament and turn signal or brake the other.

This car only uses one filament and its the smaller one which is also the brighter one.

The other one is never used that I can tell.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is it the cornering light? Something lights up when we go around a corner, that apparently isn't lit otherwise. Very noticeable in the dark.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same observation on a 2021 on which I installed 1157 LED bulb..The one I chose work fine for flashing duty.

But as you observed, the higher intensity lights up well for flasher duty but never comes on at low intensity (turning on headlight for example).

The 1157 required is a yellow bulb since it is used for flasher duty over a clear plastic. There is no conrnering light on my car (Canadian version?).

Why then design in a 1157 if not using one of the two intensities...looks like a remnant of a older design that was modified.

To be double sure I would need to re insert an incadescent 1157 bulb and check if it ever turn on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the same observation on a 2021 on which I installed 1157 LED bulb..The one I chose work fine for flashing duty.

But as you observed, the higher intensity lights up well for flasher duty but never comes on at low intensity (turning on headlight for example).

The 1157 required is a yellow bulb since it is used for flasher duty over a clear plastic. There is no conrnering light on my car (Canadian version?).

Why then design in a 1157 if not using one of the two intensities...looks like a remnant of a older design that was modified.

To be double sure I would need to re insert an incadescent 1157 bulb and check if it ever turn on.
What 1157 led bulb do you have?
AND do you get a bulb out warning and hyperflashing?

I've tried 2 "canbus 1157 led" they both cause the bulb out warning (n)

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
What 1157 led bulb do you have?
AND do you get a bulb out warning and hyperflashing?

I've tried 2 "canbus 1157 led" they both cause the bulb out warning (n)

Thanks
Please list the bad behaving bulbs. Note Canbus support AND built in resistor is a must for flasher bulbs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks, I've ordered the KATUR 1157's from US amazon
Please list the bad behaving bulbs. Note Canbus support AND built in resistor is a must for flasher bulbs.
Here's my most recent, ordered this yr. canbus 1157 that sets the error and hyperflash.

I ordered these in 2018, hyperflash, error.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks, I've ordered the KATUR 1157's from US amazon

Here's my most recent, ordered this yr. canbus 1157 that sets the error and hyperflash.

I ordered these in 2018, hyperflash, error.
Thanks zvoyageur the katur 1157's worked (y) .
Typical for me, easiest bulb on the car to change, gave me the most trouble o_O

·
Registered
14 Posts
Way to go !

Well I am having trouble of my own for the back tail/stop light.

The first one was not canbus and the car complained about burned brake light.
The second one was supposed to be canbus and the car again complained about burned brake light...

In both cases, they were working flawlessly with two intensities as expected.

Anybody has a reference for a working candidate (beside the out of this world priced products...) Putting an external resistance is out of the question...

Tnx

---- Non working bulbs for reference----

1st attempt: LUYED 2 x 800 Lumens Super Bright 1157 2835 33-EX Chipsets 1157 2057 2357 7528 LED Bulbs Used For Turn Signal Lights, Tail Lights, Xenon White, Turn Signal Bulbs - Amazon Canada
2nd attempt: KaTur 1157 BAY15D 7528 1016 LED Bulbs High Power 2835 21 Chipsets Super Bright with Projector Replacement for Back Up Reverse Lights DRL Turn Signal Lights Tail Brake Lights, Xenon White, Fog Lights - Amazon Canada

·
Registered
79 Posts
i also tried the Lasfit front turn signal lights. the odd thing is one bulb was good and the other gave the dash hyper flash. i switched the bulbs around and sure enough the error moved to the other side. i`m sending them back and buying the Katur brand bulbs. all of the other bulbs on my 2019 Kona SE have been switched to Lasfit bulbs and all work great. the low beams are in and the improvement over the stock bulbs is amazing. i have a set for the high beams but haven`t gotten them in yet. all bulbs are extremely bright.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Update..... i received and installed the Katur 1157`s. no good! they flash once and then go out and the turn signal indicator on the dashboard hyper flashes. i wonder why they work in some cars and not others? all bulbs on the car are now LED except the front turn signals and the rear brake lights. anybody buy LED brake/tail lights the don`t cause a dashboard error? any more suggestions for front turn signal lights?

i also noticed that the front turn signal lights are 1157`s with double filaments and only one filament gets used. odd thing for Hyundai to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts