1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ultimate thunder gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2021 ultimate has a 2157A bulb.
PY21/1157 equivalent.

So it's a double filament amber bulb with 180 degree staggered height pins.

A single filament bulb with 180 degree pins of equal height 1156/2156 will not work despite listing this bulb type as correct on some trim lines.

Most cars with the double filament bulb do double duty.
As parking light for one filament and turn signal or brake the other.

This car only uses one filament and its the smaller one which is also the brighter one.

The other one is never used that I can tell.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it the cornering light? Something lights up when we go around a corner, that apparently isn't lit otherwise. Very noticeable in the dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same observation on a 2021 on which I installed 1157 LED bulb..The one I chose work fine for flashing duty.

But as you observed, the higher intensity lights up well for flasher duty but never comes on at low intensity (turning on headlight for example).

The 1157 required is a yellow bulb since it is used for flasher duty over a clear plastic. There is no conrnering light on my car (Canadian version?).

Why then design in a 1157 if not using one of the two intensities...looks like a remnant of a older design that was modified.

To be double sure I would need to re insert an incadescent 1157 bulb and check if it ever turn on.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the same observation on a 2021 on which I installed 1157 LED bulb..The one I chose work fine for flashing duty.

But as you observed, the higher intensity lights up well for flasher duty but never comes on at low intensity (turning on headlight for example).

The 1157 required is a yellow bulb since it is used for flasher duty over a clear plastic. There is no conrnering light on my car (Canadian version?).

Why then design in a 1157 if not using one of the two intensities...looks like a remnant of a older design that was modified.

To be double sure I would need to re insert an incadescent 1157 bulb and check if it ever turn on.
What 1157 led bulb do you have?
AND do you get a bulb out warning and hyperflashing?

I've tried 2 "canbus 1157 led" they both cause the bulb out warning (n)

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What 1157 led bulb do you have?
AND do you get a bulb out warning and hyperflashing?

I've tried 2 "canbus 1157 led" they both cause the bulb out warning (n)

Thanks
Please list the bad behaving bulbs. Note Canbus support AND built in resistor is a must for flasher bulbs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks, I've ordered the KATUR 1157's from US amazon
Please list the bad behaving bulbs. Note Canbus support AND built in resistor is a must for flasher bulbs.
Here's my most recent, ordered this yr. canbus 1157 that sets the error and hyperflash.

I ordered these in 2018, hyperflash, error.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts