Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few weeks my temp readout on my dashboard flashes three dashes and no temp reading. When it rains very hard, or goes through a carwash, the temp readout on my dash will say its "-30F" or something similar and when that happens, if I have on the AC it turns to heat. Once whatever it is dries the readout goes back to three flashing dashes.

I've only had the vehicle just over a year (since 4/21/21), and will take it to a dealership, but I'd like to know in advance what sensor this is that's malfunctioning and would it take a dealership mechanic fix, or could I replace it myself? I don't think this would be covered under the warranty. The Hyundai customer service told me the dealership would make that descision.

Thanks
Frank S.

·
Registered
2019 KONA Ultimate
46 Posts
In the last few weeks my temp readout on my dashboard flashes three dashes and no temp reading. When it rains very hard, or goes through a carwash, the temp readout on my dash will say its "-30F" or something similar and when that happens, if I have on the AC it turns to heat. Once whatever it is dries the readout goes back to three flashing dashes.

I've only had the vehicle just over a year (since 4/21/21), and will take it to a dealership, but I'd like to know in advance what sensor this is that's malfunctioning and would it take a dealership mechanic fix, or could I replace it myself? I don't think this would be covered under the warranty. The Hyundai customer service told me the dealership would make that descision.

Thanks
Frank S.
The sensor in question is probably the “Ambient Air Temperature Sensor “ usually mounted in front of the radiator. It’s not expensive and should be fairly easy to replace. If the car is under warranty take it back to the dealer. If out of warranty and you are not comfortable attempting to replace the AATS then any competent Auto repair facility can do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts