Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
It will be interesting if they expand wireless cp/aa from the '21 Elantra models - both the standard and the hybrid have been announced as the first vehicles from Hyundai to receive it according to press - no word if it will be all sub-models in the Elantra family.

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
Was at the dealer the other day and noticed the new Kona’s with the 1.6T, the engines are being sourced from China.. either Hyundai is trying to save money or they’re selling too many to keep up ? time will tell...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Was at the dealer the other day and noticed the new Kona’s with the 1.6T, the engines are being sourced from China.. either Hyundai is trying to save money or they’re selling too many to keep up ? time will tell...
Same reason they started sourcing 2.0's from China last year - Hyundai invested a lot into China and they aren't selling cars there in the numbers they hoped (by a massive margin last I heard). So they are using those factories to supply final assembly in South Korea or elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
Same reason they started sourcing 2.0's from China last year - Hyundai invested a lot into China and they aren't selling cars there in the numbers they hoped (by a massive margin last I heard). So they are using those factories to supply final assembly in South Korea or elsewhere.
that would be a bad move on Hyundai‘s part if so.. China has plenty of manufacturing capacity and it’s government will be sure they get dibs on it as the government also profits by it..

·
Registered
297 Posts
You made me look, I had to pull my window sticker to make sure my 2019 Limited was made in South Korea, and it was,...................

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Info! Any idea when the 2021's might start to show up? Looking to buy an Ultimate before the end of summer. Either the 2021 will have some features I'm interested in, or maybe it will just help with 2020 pricing.

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
230 Posts
Definitely wish I got a 2020 instead of jumping the gun on 2019... No smart cruise for me :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I’m currently looking at a Kona and have been wondering if it’s worth waiting. I picked up my 2013 Accent in Sept 2012 - do we know if the Kona follows a similar schedule?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts