Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Have an iKonic day!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just leased a 2021 Kona a week ago and wasn't smart to check its horn before leaving a dealership. I know I can service it under warranty, but wondering if it's a common issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, just leased a 2021 Kona a week ago and wasn't smart to check its horn before leaving a dealership. I know I can service it under warranty, but wondering if it's a common issue. Thanks!
Same here. 2021 Kona Limited. Failed to check horn before leaving dealer lot. I confirmed bad horn by applying 12v directly to horn through fuse panel relay. My wife took it to dealer. Dealer confirmed my diagnosis. Waiting for replacement horn to come in.

·
Registered
Have an iKonic day!
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here. 2021 Kona Limited. Failed to check horn before leaving dealer lot. I confirmed bad horn by applying 12v directly to horn through fuse panel relay. My wife took it to dealer. Dealer confirmed my diagnosis. Waiting for replacement horn to come in.
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm not as techy as you are, will update after my service appointment. All I tested is a panic button on a key fob - lights panic, I panic, a horn doesn't panic at all ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my 2021 Kona has 122 KMS - got home and the horn did not work - reached out to Hyundai - they got me in right away - problem is the horn needs replacement, I asked how it could have left the shop not with a fault like this? I was told it was checked 3 months ago when the car arrived at their lot. I was then told maybe moisture got into it or something? Hmm, I hope this isnt a sign! they will fix it but I need to wait on the part as they dont have any stock. So, not happy I have to go back again. Great its under warranty and all but sheesh!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would've considered myself lucky if my horn never worked! Without question the worst horn I've ever had in any
vehicle...sounds like a wounded quail with laryngitis. With all of the inattentiveness and the lunatics texting rather
than driving, I want to be heard if needed. Had a "Bad Boy" air horn installed last week...problem definitely solved!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts