·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial upgrades not long after I bought the car:

Injen #IS1345BLK Short Ram Intake
OEM Stainless Pedal Set
Door Striker covers
Door Check Covers Injen Short Ram Intake 1 (b).jpg Kona OEM SS Pedals (b).jpg Kona Door Striker Cover (b).jpg Kona Door Check Cover (b).jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with that upgrade. New to the Kona--I had a pretty highly modified 2013 KIA Sportage EX 2.4L since 2013.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm not familiar with that upgrade. New to the Kona--I had a pretty highly modified 2013 KIA Sportage EX 2.4L since 2013.
So if you look at the back of your engine, coming off the hot side of the turbo, right up against the firewall, is a small muffler. Its only 5.5"s long, 2" diameter. Removing that little muffler and replacing it with a straight pipe removes quite a bit of lag in normal mode, and it becomes noticably quicker in sport mode. The noise is produces is barely noticable over the stock intake noise, and you wont even hear it with an aftermarket intake .

I dont have an original picture pointing it out, but these should be pretty easy to follow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks easy enough. Who is the best supplier for the straight pipe? Is the dealer going to freak out at the 5,000 mile service with this upgrade and the intake?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wouldn't even tell the dealership unless they asked. You can buy a straight pipe from a couple of venders, however an exhaust shop would be the cheapest, about $10.

Here are a few prior conversations about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 13 of 13 Posts