Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. 2020 with 12000 miles. Burning a quart in a week. Back to the dealer tomorrow. Will be following and Thanks to all for updates!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if the problems from all the Hyundai cars I read are from that cargo ship full of Hyundai cars that flipped over and they just recover the cost by reusing those cars for parts

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to the forum. 2020 with 12000 miles. Burning a quart in a week. Back to the dealer tomorrow. Will be following and Thanks to all for updates!
What engine? There's a lot of talk going around about the 2l having serious oil consumption issues.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if the problems from all the Hyundai cars I read are from that cargo ship full of Hyundai cars that flipped over and they just recover the cost by reusing those cars for parts
Hyundai has a metallurgy choice problem. Hyundai's non-turbo cars ALWAYS seem to use too cheap of pistons. They are too soft and gall up.

This is a 10 year and ongoing problem, to the tune of 4 billion dollars in engine warranty's.

·
Registered
357 Posts
What engine? There's a lot of talk going around about the 2l having serious oil consumption issues.
It's the 2020 2.0 with the problem.
A few 2019's and a few 2021's also suffer engine failures, probably a safe bet Hyundai knows exactly which ones, by vin #!

1.6 are ok, if you have a 1.6 and are using oil that would be unusual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts