Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right and left headlights ‘separate’ about 50 feet or so in front of the car creating a ‘V’ of darkness, but the light from each continues, making that darkness very prominent and very distracting trying to drive. Any ideas? Dealership says a ‘Bulletin’ says there is a dark spot for each light but this is a big v-shaped darkness.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Probably normal, and this has been discussed in detail on this forum, but if you want to try and re aim them to your liking, you can use a phillip head screw driver to adjust the adjusters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The right and left headlights ‘separate’ about 50 feet or so in front of the car creating a ‘V’ of darkness, but the light from each continues, making that darkness very prominent and very distracting trying to drive. Any ideas? Dealership says a ‘Bulletin’ says there is a dark spot for each light but this is a big v-shaped darkness.
I also have this darkness and it is dangerous!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Easy diy.
LED headlights DO have a small (tennis ball) dark spot at 25', not a V.

Find a wall, garage door etc.
At night park 25' away with the lights on.
Use a flash light to find the adjustment screws.
Adjust with a cross point (phillips) screwdriver.

Post #s 6 & 10 in the following thread have detailed instructions.

·
Super Moderator
386 Posts
I dont think it can be fixed with adjusting the aim. If you turn on high beams, the dark spots disappeared. The dark spots seem to be caused by the high/low switching mechanism.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think that dark spot is there intentionally. It always seems to end up right over the opposite lane when I drive on a straight road and I think it might be to keep from blinding oncoming drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts