Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Kona EV owners in my predicament, that is, having had my battery pack replaced about 11 months ago per the recall because of batteries failing/catching fire I now have had the engineers tell my local Hyundai dealer to replace the battery pack again. The Kona failed to charge completely several times and then a warning symbol & msg showed saying check the electrical system. The car has been at the dealers over a week now and Hyundai has NOT been able to find a replacement battery pack. My dealer was told "to check back next week'. if one cannot be found then one will have to be made up for the car.
Anyone else have a similar situation? I have contacted a lawyer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any other Kona EV owners in my predicament, that is, having had my battery pack replaced about 11 months ago per the recall because of batteries failing/catching fire I now have had the engineers tell my local Hyundai dealer to replace the battery pack again. The Kona failed to charge completely several times and then a warning symbol & msg showed saying check the electrical system. The car has been at the dealers over a week now and Hyundai has NOT been able to find a replacement battery pack. My dealer was told "to check back next week'. if one cannot be found then one will have to be made up for the car.
Anyone else have a similar situation? I have contacted a lawyer.
Same thing happened to me today - just left for a week’s vacation, stopped to charge after about 3 hours and car wouldn’t charge, so I tried another (DC Fast) charger, then another charger (Level 2 this time), no dice - and there was a big system warning message on the console. I called Hyundai BlueLink, they said don’t drive the car Any farther, take it to the closest dealer and have them run a check. I did and they said immediately it’s a battery problem, a code “P1AA600” - same as the original battery recall and multiple interim software fixes. Now we’re stuck in a crappy hotel in Nowheresville, New Jersey with no car and no idea how long it will be before it’s fixed - or how we’re going to get home with a carload full of stuff!!!

My HV battery was bad and just replaced in March under the recall, AND NOW IT’S BAD AGAIN?! I’d be happy to share that with your lawyer - can you say “class action lawsuit?”

Car Automotive design Gauge Camera accessory Personal luxury car

·
Registered
14 Posts
WOW!! I just had my original battery pack finally replaced (2019 Ultimate) a few weeks ago. So far so good. I just charged my battery and SOC shows 314 miles, which is great in this recent cold snap. I hope the issue stated above isn't too common and that you are able to get it resolved. I know I waited over 1 1/2 to finally get my battery replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts