Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a similar instance when I wanted to go faster than the set speed for a short time. Car started bucking a bit, then I noticed I was coming up on a car ahead, so I wanted to go faster and the Kona wanted to go slower to maintain follow distance. In this case, a cancel command gave me full control, then I went to resume after I was back to steady speed. I could also have decreased the follow distance sensitivity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like an appointment is in my future.

Here is the response from Hyundai Motor America.

Dear Joe:

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America.

We always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our customers, and we are sorry to hear of your concern regarding the Adaptive Cruise Control for your vehicle. However, we will be happy to direct you to the appropriate personnel.

Based upon the information you provided, we recommend you schedule an appointment with the service department of your local Hyundai dealership to have your 2019 Kona Electric inspected and diagnosed.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however, Hyundai Customer Care Center is unable to diagnose over the phone or through email. Our dealerships are also the best-trained and most-qualified to service and maintain your Hyundai vehicle.

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America and being a valued member of our Hyundai Family.

Respectfully,

Hyundai Customer Care
(800) 633-5151

Hi.

Have you found a solution to this problem yet?
I have the same problem with my Kona Electric.
Although I know about it, and there is no big risk involved, it's still quite annoying...
I hope there is a SW fix available. My workshop do not know how to fix this....

Thomas.

·
Registered
9/18 EU base model
141 Posts
Given that the cruise control does deceleration as well as acceleration I'm not surprised the initial software complains when you try to go faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The update for the Kona hasn't totally smoothed it out but it is better. The interaction of the cruise and accelerator the Renault Zoe as a comparison is perfect. What I find now is that if you "assist the cruise" with a bit of pedal to resume a set speed more quickly, when you release the pedal acceleration drops to zero before cruise kicks back in, and this is while the car is supposed to be still accelerating up to the set speed.

Also if you use the accelerator to resume driving in stop-go mode and you tap the accelerator the car almost stops again before cruise kicks in.

Eventually they'll get it right :)

·
Registered
Kona Electric Premium SE (2020 model)
1 Posts
Just ear wigging on this particular thread. My Kona Electric had 4 software updates applied by my dealer back in January and since then the cruise control has not worked at all - so interesting to read about fixes to the issues mentioned above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have experienced this. It's a bit annoying, but I have figured out that the car is watching the field of vehicles I am passing at the time. To me its more like a hesitation. I just cancel the Cruise Control and carry on. No big deal for me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts