Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought a 2019 kona I dont even think it was 30 days ago?Its an all wheel drive,1.6 turbo so you know the drive train.She was complaining she was noticing a lack of power in eco mode at times,so she took me for a drive.What I noticed on the passenger side was a thunking coming from the front,almost like something disconnect/lets go mechanically then thunks when it grabs again with a vibration on the floor.now,she insists it only happens in eco mode.Oh and it is intermittent.I had her go into eco-mode while driving in town.It didnt do it this time.The reason she wasn't driving it in eco mode in town,was because the guy at the dealership said that should fix her problem.Yeah...lol.what I was wondering is,if anyone else has had issues with their drive trains yet?To add on(so I don't have to re-type half this post lol)is,for the most part happens in start/stop situations.Any wisdom would be appreciated,I dont think leaving it out of eco mode in town will fix this.just my thoughts.Oh,btw,thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife bought a 2019 kona I dont even think it was 30 days ago?Its an all wheel drive,1.6 turbo so you know the drive train.She was complaining she was noticing a lack of power in eco mode at times,so she took me for a drive.What I noticed on the passenger side was a thunking coming from the front,almost like something disconnect/lets go mechanically then thunks when it grabs again with a vibration on the floor.now,she insists it only happens in eco mode.Oh and it is intermittent.I had her go into eco-mode while driving in town.It didnt do it this time.The reason she wasn't driving it in eco mode in town,was because the guy at the dealership said that should fix her problem.Yeah...lol.what I was wondering is,if anyone else has had issues with their drive trains yet?To add on(so I don't have to re-type half this post lol)is,for the most part happens in start/stop situations.Any wisdom would be appreciated,I dont think leaving it out of eco mode in town will fix this.just my thoughts.Oh,btw,thanks in advance.
Same issue on my 2020 fwd I just picked up 2 weeks ago. Intermittent clunk when pulling away from a stop. Took it to the dealer after a week, they couldn’t duplicate but resets the dct. It still does it. I will drive up to the 1000 mile mark to see if it persists. Car only has 475 miles on it as of today. It’s scary when it does it when making a left with oncoming traffic & it dead for a second. Very scary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone get this fixed? Mine did that a week ago and I thought it was a metal piece on the ground near the exit of my work driveway so I thought I must have run it over. (I knew I hadn’t, but thought stranger things have happened) Fast forward a day or two and I heard it a little after it sat for a day when leaving. Suddenly on the highway, trying to change lanes I heard a baby squeal then I had no power or acceleration. I make my way coasting towards the side and suddenly it’s fine. I then was back on the highway and it did it again, no noise. Then couldn’t get it past 12mph getting off the highway on a hill. Barely made it home. Car has been sitting until i can be home long enough for a tow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought car brand new within 500/800kms a clonk started here and there on take off and would do small throw into gear, dealer said may be traction control as happen to be raining when first happened.
Since now and again on takeoff clonk bang noise an throws into gear, now tdy with my son in the car stopped at lights went to takeoff and a horrible spinning/whining noise car would not go into gear then big clonk into gear😬
I've now read on here the odd similar story.
I was so scared and it's Saturday dealership not open 😕

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same klunk from the passenger area from almost brand new. Always (or maybe can only hear it) when I am stopped then start to drive again. No one seems to know the cause although I just read some models have a problem with the right front separating from the frame. Maybe that’s the noise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts