Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today had extensive two hour call to Hyundai CS including a front line manager. They confirmed that 2019 Hyundai battery recall #200 available now from dealerships. Program 80% limit was prior temp fix, called P29. They will test your pack and determine of it needs a new pack. All cars will have an updated battery connection harness replaced. also, but some may not need the new battery.

What is amazing is if they do replace your battery, it has a NEW lifetime warranty. This is based on a Federal law mandate about battery recalls.
I am in the process of buying a used 2019, so I did extensive research on this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today had extensive two hour call to Hyundai CS including a front line manager. They confirmed that 2019 Hyundai battery recall #200 available now from dealerships. Program 80% limit was prior temp fix, called P29. They will test your pack and determine of it needs a new pack. All cars will have an updated battery connection harness replaced. also, but some may not need the new battery.

What is amazing is if they do replace your battery, it has a NEW lifetime warranty. This is based on a Federal law mandate about battery recalls.
I am in the process of buying a used 2019, so I did extensive research on this issue.

JUST CALLED MY LOCAL DEALER & THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD NO PACKS OR TABS IN STOCK TO REPLACE AND PERFORM THE RECALL 200. I GUESS THE HYUNDAI REP WAS TOTALLY WRONG.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I would like to know more specifically, which dealerships and in what states have the new replacement batteries, and any other tools, specific training, etc. in order to perform the work for recall #200? I am in Maryland and every time my dealer is called they say they do not have the supplies to do the work. I am not very trusting of my dealership and/or Hyundai. I do know that some have had the battery replaced, but wasn't aware of which dealership and locations performed the work; again curious as to the locations that are performing the battery replacements. I did watch a nice youtube video that showed a battery being replaced. I wonder if certain areas / dealerships have a higher priority for whatever reason(s)?.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you. I have a KONA EV in a Hyundai dealership for a week now. II still am not allowed to speak to the tech guy, only the service manager, who knows zero about this recall. I spent 25 min of my time explaining the facets of this recall 200 to him. Hyundai has to get their asses in gear, the management there still are saying al the US dealers have the parts as of August 9. This seems to not be the case. This is unfortunate, the KONA is a great EV, and Hyundai is tarnishing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted to write an update about the battery recall issue regarding my 2019 Kona EV; battery recall #200 definitely applied to this car, and verified when inputting the VIN. Due my diligence and calling/scheduling of appointments (that is to say that Hyundai nor dealership never reached out to me to take care of it) ... I was told that a battery would not be ordered without first bringing the car to the dealership for some inspection; even though I've add it there previously for all previous open recalls. They informed me that they had to 'read' something from the battery and apply some software update. So, my wife took the car to the dealership to begin the big recall #200. I was expecting to get the car back with an estimate date of when the 'new' battery would be installed. However, at the end of about 5 hours, my wife got the call to come pick the car up. A side note ... there was one previous recall that was supposedly done at this dealership, but was never done; recall T5Z 'cable protection cover'. So this time they actually did that! My wife sat in the dealership for 3 hours, when that recall was apparently previously done. We even got paper work that said it was previously done!! Hard for me to trust some dealerships for this reason. Anyway, according to the receipt, the tech performed open recall #200 Batt Assembly Inspection. When my wife picked up the car she asked about a new battery and was told the car was inspected and did not require a new Li-Ion pack to be installed. Also, the 80% charge limit was changed back to 100% at the dealership. I verified that by charging the car and it got to 100% / 291 miles, which is good for the current cold temperatures here in MD (about 30 deg F). So, I guess we are finished with the whole battery recall. We never experienced a bit of trouble with this car and am glad to have it back to it's original (100% charge) condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts