Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased the 2019 Kona Essential (I believe this is the same trim as the SE in the US). 2.0L with 6 speed transmission. Just bought it used with 13000km on it.

I’ve driven manual for years, pretty much my entire driving career, so I have no clue if this is normal or not.

When coming to a stop slowly, the car downshifts hard. Almost like it’s applying the brakes for me. Probably happens under 15km/h. It’s almost like when I would downshift too early with my manual car. Seems quite erratic.

I told the techs when purchasing and they just reset the computer saying it needs to relearn, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case. Also occasionally I get some not so smooth (but not super rough) shifts into first gear when accelerating.

Hoping someone could shed some light or tell me this is just normal for the car and I will get used to it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

I used the "Search Community" in the black bar close to the top of the pg.
Searching for 6 speed I found a few threads with similar issues, a few of these mentioned having the inhibitor replaced .
When I searched inhibitor I found several threads.

Hope this helps, did the 5yr warranty transfer to you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it did.

I will be going on a road trip here next week and see if it smooths out with some lengthy driving. If not I’ll take it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts