Hyundai Kona Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Anyone who uses Soul EV Spy had the BMS update yet? I received a couple of different ODB dongles yesterday, they both work with EV Spy but interestingly enough I cant get any output on the BMS or Battery cells. Got all the other data fine.

Wondering if EV Spy needs an update, or maybe the Lite version doesnt have it?
Yes, SoulEVspy still works to get the battery cell map after the last BMS. But only with the Pro version, which was the case for me before also. And of course you have to be sure you have the right dongle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Lite version apparently doesn't read that stuff after the previous BMS update, 960. The Pro version works fine according to other owners but I don't know for sure if that's also true after the current campaign,196.
Awesome thanks, that all makes sense then. I'll get the pro version and have a look anyway, got some sneaky google credits lying around somewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep cool cool, got the paid app and it read everything fine. Thank guys.
Just took this one after a drive to the shops, will get another baseline later when its been idle for a while

·
Registered
20 Posts
Getting my battery checked tomorrow. Took a 400 mile trip today, speeds over 80 mph at times. And, yes, I stopped at DCFC, recharged to 85% at the destination before I returned home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received my Safety Recall letter from Hyundai UK today.

UK in Covid lockdown at present will see how that goes.

Terry

·
Registered
181 Posts
I confirm the Pro version displays the cell map. The free version did not fetch the cell map for me.
Even with the pro version, one possibly problem is not having a good bluetooth connection.
(It may be disconnecting on you) . I got around this by re-initializing the dongle (unplug and replug, re-pair
and reconnect fromSoulEvSpy. Even tually got a good connection and able to get the sell map.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I confirm the Pro version displays the cell map. The free version did not fetch the cell map for me.
Even with the pro version, one possibly problem is not having a good bluetooth connection.
(It may be disconnecting on you) . I got around this by re-initializing the dongle (unplug and replug, re-pair
and reconnect fromSoulEvSpy. Even tually got a good connection and able to get the sell map.
To help with bluetooth connecting, follow this procedure in this order.
1. Pug in the dongle, and turn it on with the button. Red light on will confirm.
2. Turn your car to the On position.
3. Bring up SoulEVspy on your phone and then turn on the bluetooth button in the app.
4. When finished, turn off the bluetooth app button and reverse previous points.

The connecting attempts and deconnecting will occur if you turn on your app blue tooth before turning on your car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Getting my battery checked tomorrow. Took a 400 mile trip today, speeds over 80 mph at times. And, yes, I stopped at DCFC, recharged to 85% at the destination before I returned home.
Only a software download and update. No testing of cells. My charging settings were reset to factory defaults. My conclusion is that now when charging there will be a pause at 80% as others have reported. This will check cell balancing and sound an alert if 1 or more cells are out of tolerance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is a bit disconcerting, decided to charge to 100% again last night to test my cells today. The graph from last night doesn't show any time where charging paused and then trickled to fill. These are 15min increments so there might be a window there to miss the trough but I did see it a few days ago as posted earlier.
1605911991750.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Hyundai dealer in the UK has said that the recall is just a software update and will not include a Cell check.

The letter from Hyundai UK telling me about the recall says:-

“…… will consist of the vehicle's high voltage battery management software being updated, this update will allow for detection of abnormalities in the high voltage battery system. “

Are they saying that after the update the system will monitor the state of each cell and report any abnormalities in the future.

If so that’s good but why will they not do a cell check now, just to be sure.

My update is booked for 1 Dec 2020

·
Registered
9/18 EU base model
100 Posts
If so that’s good but why will they not do a cell check now, just to be sure.
There's no reason to worry about how any particular service advisor interprets the update. They're just average people trying to do their job.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts