Hyundai Kona Forum banner
381 - 386 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea, that's my sense as well (no new battery). I have an OBD device that I check my Cells after every charge (to 80%) and all of my cells are spot on - no difference between any of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Received a call from an 888 number, scheduled the first of 2 appointments for Tuesday June 29 at local dealer. They will inspect my 2019 Kona for a "parts list" (they don't know what parts are needed?) and then call me again to schedule the exchange.
Dealer had my car half a day on July 13, told me Hyundai approved a replacement battery, would be in contact with me in a day or two. It’s been over a week so far. I will drop by the dealer tomorrow to determine status. For now, I am not driving it much since my charger is next to my house and I don’t want to charge it very often. I will post next when I know more.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm in the US. I received an ALERT MSG in my Bluelink APP yesterday. It is an update on the "REMEDY" for Recall 200. It said that the 2019 Models now have a "REMEDY" and are supposed to contact their Service Dept to arrange the fix. The 2020 Models still do NOT have a Remedy and will be advised in the coming months.
Hi Cody21,
Did you find out anything further on the remedy the dealer alerted you about?

Are you really up for a battery update (without the car shutting down on you) , or was this some lame BS on the dealer 's part to check if you have the latest BMS software
and to set your charge limit to 80%. Many of us watching with great interest for any sign that Hyundai actually started following through the promise they made to their customers
that they will replace all the defective batteries, symptomatic or not. I am concerned that they just backpedal on this and string us along, and this promise just turns into a mass buyback
campaign @ not so favorable terms. I fail to see how they would be able to come up with the large number of extra batteries they would need to follow through.

ESP using the totally lame logistics they use now ( approve battery : up to 2 months, order battery from factory, factory manufactures the ordered battery , then ship battery by boat.
This logistic chain is obviously not scalable to "replace 70 thousand batteries in some semblance of a reasonable timeframe". I think now the announcement was posturing.
LG is supposed to pick up most of the tab ( 70% as I recall). So

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer had my car half a day on July 13, told me Hyundai approved a replacement battery, would be in contact with me in a day or two. It’s been over a week so far. I will drop by the dealer tomorrow to determine status. For now, I am not driving it much since my charger is next to my house and I don’t want to charge it very often. I will post next when I know more.
Talked with dealer yesterday. They have replaced batteries in 5 Kona EV’s. First one took over 4 hours, the 5th one took 1.5 hours. They have 5 more scheduled as soon as more batteries arrive, mine is one of those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Cody21,

Are you really up for a battery update (without the car shutting down on you) , or was this some lame BS on the dealer 's part to check if you have the latest BMS software
and to set your charge limit to 80%. Many of us watching with great interest for any sign that Hyundai actually started following through the promise they made to their customers
that they will replace all the defective batteries, symptomatic or not. I am concerned that they just backpedal on this and string us along, and this promise just turns into a mass buyback
campaign @ not so favorable terms. I fail to see how they would be able to come up with the large number of extra batteries they would need to follow through.

ESP using the totally lame logistics they use now ( approve battery : up to 2 months, order battery from factory, factory manufactures the ordered battery , then ship battery by boat.
This logistic chain is obviously not scalable to "replace 70 thousand batteries in some semblance of a reasonable timeframe". I think now the announcement was posturing.
Might want to rethink your opinion. My Dealer has already replaced full battery packs in 5 Kona EV’s, has 5 more on their list, including mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Cody21,

that they will replace all the defective batteries, symptomatic or not. ........
I have not yet heard back from the Service dept. All I can reiterate is what the guy told me a couple weeks ago - that "Your Car is slated for the Battery Replacement recall 200. Once it switched to 200X, you'll be notified to bring in for the replacement." I actually trust this guy - he is very knowledgeable & has been very upfront with me all along. They have already done several swaps & have all the requisite equipment ... just waiting on BATTERIES..

381 - 386 of 386 Posts