Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2018 Limited AWD kona. Great car, very comfortable and fun to drive. Recently when I use the Tiptronic it seems like it doesn't engage in first. If I'm at a red light and I go the motor revs up but takes about 4 secs to start going. I know there is turbo lag but that's a little much. Does anyone else have the same problem? The dealership won't look at it.

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
Hi, I have a 2018 Limited AWD kona. Great car, very comfortable and fun to drive. Recently when I use the Tiptronic it seems like it doesn't engage in first. If I'm at a red light and I go the motor revs up but takes about 4 secs to start going. I know there is turbo lag but that's a little much. Does anyone else have the same problem? The dealership won't look at it.
tiptronic ? You have a DCT transmission.. basically a computer controlled manual..
See the dealer if it takes 4 seconds to get moving from a stop..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
" The dealer won't look at it" We have to love what some of our Hyundai dealers are doing to progress the brand. Like, you want this Hyundai Veloster N ..........Well, you can't drive it, you can only buy it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
im still going through trial and error with dealerships, give another dealer a try... maybe they might actually help you

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
" The dealer won't look at it" We have to love what some of our Hyundai dealers are doing to progress the brand. Like, you want this Hyundai Veloster N ..........Well, you can't drive it, you can only buy it.
LOL.. reminds of the honda S2000.. they acted Like it was a Bugatti something..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2018 turbo awd ultimate Kona. It's at the dealership for the 100 time now. Been doing this since early 2020 yr. They seem to think it's the turbo but can not prove it. Changing spark plugs today. Maybe going to clean the fuel lines next. Still waiting...Sept 10th2021. If I find out what it actually repaired on it I'll update you.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2018 turbo awd ultimate Kona. It's at the dealership for the 100 time now. Been doing this since early 2020 yr. They seem to think it's the turbo but can not prove it. Changing spark plugs today. Maybe going to clean the fuel lines next. Still waiting...Sept 10th2021. If I find out what it actually repaired on it I'll update you.
What are the symptoms of the problem you are having, as the original poster's problems seem more like Hyundai 'CRAP" coding algorithm for the DCT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are the symptoms of the problem you are having, as the original poster's problems seem more like Hyundai 'CRAP" coding algorithm for the DCT.
reves up to 3 or 4 rpms before taking off at a stop sign, or stop light. Once on the road. if you put it in sport mode, it hesitates before taking off. Sometimes it flutters, and feels like it has trash in the fuel lines. Dealership told me when i got my oil changed, they overfilled it. and it got in turbo, . So i had to drive it till it cleared out . (isn' the turbo a sealed unit?). The spark plug codes came on , so they replaced the spark plugs, still hesitates and flutters. No new information at this time, its been there since August 27th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts