Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a local Hyundai service manager and stopped by to talk to him about warranty and to show him my car after lowering it 2 inches. I also talked to him about my airbag warning light and he was going to try (courtesy) to re-something the airbag module to see if it would re ID it, since my car has 2017 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport seats in it from a junkyard car. He couldn't get in , access issue he couldn't crack, need tech to do ......found the name of their Guru so he will push it to him IF I can't crack the 3 flagged issues I found with my scanner. He ran a full scan on all known updates for everything on the car including the DCT transmission. Nothing was available. Just to let you guys know for the most part the Kona has nothing available. The cruse control issue must be a separate thing. If I would of remembered at the time, I could of questioned why that did not come up, is there a DCT or engine flash where the cruise control flash is hiding? That dealership or at least my contact is on my side on warranty issues. I want to up to 255/40 18 and he said he would not even give it a second thought since it is 1% off spec. ( I told him the spec differential.)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So he made a whole bunch of modifications and expected the dealer to remedy his issues?
Big FAT NO. I guess you haven't read any of my posts have you. I am not expecting anything from Hyundai, my connection at Hyundai did it out of courtesy as a service manager grabbing a scan tool to see if he could reset the seat ID's in the parking lot. Nothing more nothing less. It will cost $160 and hour to dig into it, if I cant come up with a way to cure it. I am the first one here to be all about .....you pay to play!! and 1fastKona knows all about it too with is car builds. I stopped buy to talk to him about tire sizing and warranty. I worked with this service manager on a new engine in a previous Hyundai and my Kona's horrible rear brake bias that was cured by getting rid of the OEM Kona's soft springs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Based on above, I'm still confused at the purpose of your post.

Also if your expectation is for me to read your wall of text, maybe you should use some proper English and proper paragraph structures to convey your ideas.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)

Also if your expectation is for me to read your wall of text, maybe you should use some proper English and proper paragraph structures to convey your ideas.
I would of figured you would be able to figure it out, You don't have to read it. (edited by mod)

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Not at All.. He's doing the right thing by working with his dealer and showing them his mods and asking questions.
I have done the same with other dealers and they are usually interested to see the mods. Some dealers will install
aftermarket mods as well. I had a driveshaft replaced under warranty when I mentioned the mods I did were taking its toll on the DS, The dealer got me a stronger upgraded DS under warranty as it wasnt properly balanced.

So he made a whole bunch of modifications and expected the dealer to remedy his issues?

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
I see no reason to attack his style of posting. Please, Let's keep to the subject or move on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Please keep to the subject and stop attacking poster based on his style of expression.
Ok so on subject the coles notes would be:

1) OP made some mods
2) He had issues
3) Went to dealer to get issues resolved
4) He got nothing out of it, and neither did I?

So is the purpose of his post to rant?
Or to inform me of something that I still don't get?
Or is he here asking for solutions to a problem?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok so on subject the coles notes would be:

1) OP made some mods
2) He had issues
3) Went to dealer to get issues resolved
4) He got nothing out of it, and neither did I?

So is the purpose of his post to rant?
Or to inform me of something that I still don't get?
Or is he here asking for solutions to a problem?
No,Ididnotgotothedealertogettheissueresolved,theservicemanagerjustsaidwaithereIwillgetmyhyundaiscanner.IwastheretotalktohimaboutwarrantyonoversizedtiresandhowHyundailooksatthat. Youwillnevergetanythingoutofmyposts,sowhybotherreadingthem,moveon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Helpful to know there aren't any DCT updates available right now, that something I'm always looking for information on. I'd love to get an update to the DCT clutch handling.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
I noticed the DCT got smoother with miles. There is a learning period for the DCT when the car is new. Not sure how long it stays in learning mode.. Hyundai uses a different clutch material than used on a standard manual. This could also be a factor in the ”launch” feeling from take-off.

Helpful to know there aren't any DCT updates available right now, that something I'm always looking for information on. I'd love to get an update to the DCT clutch handling.

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
ow, that something I'm always looking for information on. I'd love to get an update to the DCT clutch handling.
I have found the DCT in my 18' has gotten better with age.
I have 14k on the car now and it's now no different than an auto in the driving dynamics

I don't fear it any longer (like i did the volkswagen one)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts