Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my SEL / Tech package and it's been 2 months now and I put on 1600 miles on it , I love how smooth it is and gets up too speed . How do you like yours ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've only had my SEL three days, but I'm floored by every aspect of this vehicle...I'm impressed beyond words! What a quality build, so solid and tight...this is my first Hyundai and can see now why owners love them! Such a smooth, quiet ride with sensational handling (I already had to do a quick swerve to avoid a dog in the road today and the Kona handled it perfectly) and then encountered a torrential rain storm with water deeply covering the low spots at the bottom of hills and my Kona's AWD was so masterful and unfazed...crazy good! It climbed hills aptly with no problem!

I've seen the flack given the 'hard plastic interior trim' on Youtube reviews but heck, I think it looks great and seems so firmly constructed. I've never had cloth seats before, but I really like these...and the seat is very comfortable! Coming from a Titan pickup, I was afraid I'd lose the ride height commanding view of the road, but I'm blown away by the wonderful field of view through the front...the thin pillars don't abstruct the side view at all and I'm glad my dealership had tinting added to the front side windows...looks cool and cuts down on glare! They also added black pinstriping to the exterior's side flowing lines that looks so sharp with the Pulse Red/black roof color scheme!

In my opinion, the sharp styling is heads above anything else on the road...from every perfectly designed angle...I'm 66, a teenager back in the golden age of late '60s muscle cars and this Kona invokes the soul stirring vibe of the best designs of that era...walking out to it today in a parking lot full of humdrum contemporary vehicles, it stood out as looking 10 years ahead of them all...and I muttered to myself 'man, just look at that BAD BOY...oh YEAH!'

Yep, I'm loving my Kona SEL!

·
Registered
267 Posts
tiny bit longer, ten days with 200 miles. Sure the turbo would jump up to speed faster with fuel cost. Finally played with sport mod...wow ! Sport mod is for sure a fuel sucker, but like a little turbo action. Now feel better I got the 2.0 too. Senior too, and this seems possibly faster then my matrix was. Wondering if the 1.6 is better long rides over the 2.0 ? Have not searched yet ?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am super happy with my two point ohhhhh......sport mode does definitely add zippiness to the Kona....fer sure fer sure.....Its my first new car in 14 years and I am really glad I picked it up.....surf blue with tech package....I love it. I'm sure the turbo is fun and yeah its fun to say " I have a turbo"....whatevs...to each their own. Great car in all trims......no regrets here.

be safe
mark

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am super happy with my two point ohhhhh......sport mode does definitely add zippiness to the Kona....fer sure fer sure.....Its my first new car in 14 years and I am really glad I picked it up.....surf blue with tech package....I love it. I'm sure the turbo is fun and yeah its fun to say " I have a turbo"....whatevs...to each their own. Great car in all trims......no regrets here.

be safe
mark

I'm with you , I love my 2.0 and it did great on the 400-mile trip I took it on with the highways , canyons and on the back roads my little Red Sled did great !

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just coming up on 2 weeks and 750km on my 2L.
Like many have mentioned, I'm really impressed with the ride quality, the noise factor and the comfort of the interior.
Same - with the plastic panels, they fit and are firm doing what they should.
At 6'2, the mirror unit housing the forward sensors does block a little visibility, but nothing that is annoying or dangerous.

After driving a 1.6t Tucson for the last 3 years, I'm totally happy with the 6 speed transmission over the dual clutch.
Way more reliable and enjoy the engine breaking for down hill. And manual shifting gives just as much oomph as the sport mode.
The design and trim is fantastic for a car at this price point, with almost all the features I could want.
Really like NOT having navigation there as a waste, as Android Auto does a fantastic job of traffic & time to job site routing.

If reliability remains over the 3 year lease term, I may very well consider buying it out.
Unless of course, by 2020 they decide to release a Kona N here in Canada!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to update my lengthy post above, I've had my SEL for two months now and am at 3k miles on it...and still love it as much or even more than day one! No complaints whatsoever...and I still beam with pride of ownership every time I walk toward it! I gave it such glowing opinions on all those surveys we get that they all probably glow in the dark...lol :smile_big:

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Lol:grin:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just to update my lengthy post above, I've had my SEL for two months now and am at 3k miles on it...and still love it as much or even more than day one! No complaints whatsoever...and I still beam with pride of ownership every time I walk toward it! I gave it such glowing opinions on all those surveys we get that they all probably glow in the dark...lol :smile_big:

And think the very first time I saw the Kona, I thought the car was ugly/quirky ......I said to myself "who would buy that car". 6 months later, I own one and like you said, walking up to it to drive it, I say to myself " Man, I sure love this car" (1.6T awd):smile_big:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts