Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, im not a big fan of our show-off/garage option. Its very limited, and if you have alot of modifications, or pictures for that matter, it becomes unusable. So here is my Work in Progress (WIP) forward slash show-off thread. Comments good, bad, both within reason are acceptable. Obviously after 24hrs i wont be able to update the original post, However, since this is more about progress of my own build, this thread will show my path as i add new posts. Also, for those interested in similar modifications, it will be easier to find it in 1 thread, then searching through dozens across the forums.

So i'll start with my current mods listing by category, and add pictures, and go from there. Enjoy.

Drivetrain:
Custom Grey Intake resonator delete, Homemade carbon fiber intake, K&N filter in a pop-charger setup, Fumoto oil drain valve, Veloster green poly lower mount bushings, Polished valve cover, Assorted anodized blue brackets/parts, Radium Engineering dual catch cans, AEM 25-201bk fuel filter, Continental belt 4060492, MSD red Ignition coil packs p/n: 82694.

Interior:
ScangaugeII on column, WeatherTech front floor mats, 2" Passenger seat risers, Rear trunk lamp switch, OE sport pedals, NVX SDBP40 sound deadener.

Exterior:
White front side markers, Silver roof rails, Shorty antenna, Hella super tone horns, Anodized blue calipers, Ebay vent visors.

Lighting:
Lamin-x Yellow fog lamp overlays, Lamin-x Clear headlamp overlays, Silverstar fog lamp bulbs, Silverstar turn lamps , and Silverstar turn signals, 20" 200 watt LED light bar.

Exhuast:

Muffler delete, and a 14" Jones Turbine Stainless Steel resonator, Kartboy poly exhaust hanger bushings.

Wheel/tire:
OE Wheels, 245/40zr18 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires. 5mm spacers on rear wheels.

Suspension/Brakes:
Energy Suspension rear poly shock bushings, Power Stop 171855 Z17 Evolution Carbon Metallic front and rear pads.

Fluid's:
Pennzoil Ultra full synthetic 5w-40, K&N hp1004 oil filter, Red Line MT-LV 70w/75w Gear oil.

Other:
Alphatherm heated washer fluid system. 1/0 OFC Ground cables for Engine/transmission to chassis, Nomex Condenser/Radiator/ Intercooler protector painted black.

20200406_152949.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Kia Seltos SX-T
39 Posts
You said you had other CF intake.... can i buy one. Message me or reply here. Thank you

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said you had other CF intake.... can i buy one. Message me or reply here. Thank you
I have only 1 more, and HotHatchUno wanted it. Yet he has yet to tell me what size pcv port connection he needs. I'll wait a little longer, if he changes his mind, your next on the list.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Seltos SX-T
39 Posts
I have only 1 more, and HotHatchUno wanted it. Yet he has yet to tell me what size pcv port connection he needs. I'll wait a little longer, if he changes his mind, your next on the list.
Can you check your private messages please.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Seltos SX-T
39 Posts
Can you send a pic also lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Current OCC setup. Nothing special. Was going to do hardlines, but Summit Racing back ordered the tube nuts, so just did hose for now. OCC's are on a 1" diameter aluminum bar, utilizing the original catch can bracket, and using an available mounting point. Also changed the PCV valve at the same time, and added 2 foot, 0.25" diameter drain hoses that have turn valves at the end, for easy draining during each oil change.

The top Radium Engineering -10 AN Orb Banjo fittings do clear the hood. Picture was taking with hood closed but bumper removed.
And yes i know i need to clean the engine bay and trims, Thats all pollen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is the led bar in your front bumper scoop? If so that is a cool idea. Any chance you could post a photo of it turned on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the led bar in your front bumper scoop? If so that is a cool idea. Any chance you could post a photo of it turned on?

Thanks!
Here is the only pic i have of it on. It overwhelms my S8 phone camera.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New hotside resonator delete. Broke a clamp, added 2 on turbo side for a temporary hold till new clamp comes in.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Seltos SX-T
39 Posts
Whats up with that new resonator delete?

Im still waiting to get tuned but budget isnt allowing me too =( these new cars start to pull power like crazy with mods. (TORK did a video on this) so just waiting to get protuned

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey 1fastkona, a couple of questions for you. i`ve looked for those white side reflectors and cant find them. also the LED light bar, i`ve been looking for one to fit that opening myself. any chance you could post links or PM me links to those items? i`m just starting out and want to do the lighting first. thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hey 1fastkona, a couple of questions for you. i`ve looked for those white side reflectors and cant find them. also the LED light bar, i`ve been looking for one to fit that opening myself. any chance you could post links or PM me links to those items? i`m just starting out and want to do the lighting first. thanks.
I have the clear/amber led side markers. Found them on ebay well before the price skyrocketed for them. I dont recommend them. The module that controlled mine only last a day or two before it fried. I opened it up to see what looked liked a beginner did the soldering connections. It was horrible. So i never fixed them, just left them white.

As for the light bar, its a generic Ebay 20" led lightbar. Installation is very involved, and requires cutting your bumper, and the upper bumper reinforcement to make it fit, not counting figuring out how to mount it without drilling holes in the plastic radiator support, and the not so fun part or getting the wiring through the fire wall. The upper grill of the bumper is solid, when you pull the trim away, its solid plastic behind it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats up with that new resonator delete?

Im still waiting to get tuned but budget isnt allowing me too =( these new cars start to pull power like crazy with mods. (TORK did a video on this) so just waiting to get protuned

I wanted something that didnt look as horrible as the OE with the Sxth pipe inside. Also, im a huge fan of efficiency, with function over form. The Sxth pipe worked fine. However, 2 rubber couplers, the Sxth pipe, 2 insulation couplers, and 8 clamps hold the old setup together. The new 1 piece hose, just has 2 clamps (3 in pic). Less things can go bad, or loosen, and airflow stays smooth through its entire length.

Does this change hp/tq over the usual resonator delete? No.

Does this make the turbo sound louder? No.

Is this different mod worth doing? Probably not for most people. It is more expensive than the Sxth/Tork/generic pipe replacement. Personally it just looks better to me, and an ever so slight increase in efficiency is worth it too me.

I suggest compare the horribly and quickly drawn picture below to what a single hose offers in the way of air flow. Drawing is not to scale, and thicknesses are exaggerated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed the intake a wee-bit. Removed old filter and added a pop-charger w/K&N filter.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New MSD ignition coil packs, red color, p/n 82694. Initial results are smoother idle even with a/c on, and a slightly less timing retarding, about 3 degrees at WOT. On a side note, i did notice an issue, not with the coils, but of the pigtail on cylinder 1, there is damage too a wire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts