Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2022 Kona N line and recently bought the afe cold air intake. Part number 56-70032D. well it’s the wrong intake for my car. I assume it’s because mine is the n line? My factory intake seems to have some sort of extra pcv port with 3 connectors that the afe intake doesn’t have room for. I can post pictures when I get to my shop. $300 shipped.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
759 Posts
So I have a 2022 Kona N line and recently bought the afe cold air intake. Part number 56-70032D. well it’s the wrong intake for my car. I assume it’s because mine is the n line? My factory intake seems to have some sort of extra pcv port with 3 connectors that the afe intake doesn’t have room for. I can post pictures when I get to my shop. $300 shipped.

the 18-21 year models have a different engine. the 1.6t gamma, while the 2022 still has a 1.6t, its a brand new engine design called the smartstream. Its the same displacement, but the engine is completely different. There are no intakes currently made for the new smartstream engines.

Even the instructions show a different engine than the 2022 model: https://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/5/6/56-70032r_ins_2.pdf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill give you 200 lol, cant you return it?
the 18-21 year models have a different engine. the 1.6t gamma, while the 2022 still has a 1.6t, its a brand new engine design called the smartstream. Its the same displacement, but the engine is completely different. There are no intakes currently made for the new smartstream engines.

Even the instructions show a different engine than the 2022 model: https://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/5/6/56-70032r_ins_2.pdf
That would make sense. It was a quick purchase since the box states it is for a 18-22, I didn’t do my hw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill give you 200 lol, cant you return it?
Well I tried that. The company I purchased it from wanted pictures/videos of it not fitting and after several calls trying to explain that i didn’t even get to install it, I gave up and wanted to give this forum a shot. I actually forget I even have it but I’ll post some pictures today when I get to my shop.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
Well I tried that. The company I purchased it from wanted pictures/videos of it not fitting and after several calls trying to explain that i didn’t even get to install it, I gave up and wanted to give this forum a shot. I actually forget I even have it but I’ll post some pictures today when I get to my shop.
man thats too bad, i love afe i had an afe intake on my mkvii gti, price is tempting tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have PayPal you can send as goods and services so you’re protected. Then I’ll take it to ups and send the tracking.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
If you have PayPal you can send as goods and services so you’re protected. Then I’ll take it to ups and send the tracking.
man this is very tempting gimme a day to think about it i do like afe, just to verify its the dry filter?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts