Hyundai Kona Forum banner

04282022 US NAV Update

6K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  lisettecolbert 
#1 ·
The latest NAV update is posted as of this morning 4/28/2022

#3 ·
Yes, there were problems in November (I did not have any) and i did install the later fix.

This one went in very smoothly and faster than I imagined it would. I have not played with it to any great extent, but I have noticed that the boot time has been reduced dramatically.

#12 ·
I see availability for my 2020 Kona EV Ultimate.

If you have a different vehicle, it's possible the new files have not been released. Other option is what happened last November with mine. There were some issues that resulted in the files being pulled and unavailable until a new update was made available a few days later.

#13 · (Edited)
I don't know if the EV is different download from a regular Ultimate (which is what I have),
but I do see availability for the "2019-2021 Kona", which is what I've always downloaded
before...and the Updater automatically defaults to.
Oddly enough, the November download was as smooth as silk for me 🤔

#21 ·
First, I really like my 2021 Ultimate with AWD. It’s the funnest car I’ve ever owned. I updated the navigation and audio on it yesterday. I tested the navigation update today to go 2.x miles to a lowes, and the system wanted me to start going in the opposite direction and it was over 4 miles!

Also the speed limit in front of my house changed like 2 years ago from 35-30 and navigation still says 35mph. I have hoped an update would catch that. I use the Heads Up Display when I go somewhere I don’t know. It’s pretty cool, but my confidence in this navigation system is waning. Waze showed me a route in town that I didn’t think of when there was construction going on. The Hyundai navigation would probably have taken me out of town.

Anyone else with update/navigation experiences? Does Hyundai take feedback on the navigation system?

#23 ·
Did the update today without a hitch on my 21 EV Ultimate. It took about an hour to download to a USB and then another hour to update in the car. You may need to get a new USB that will hold 35GB.

I am delighted with the update, although I have not tested the Nav, but my annoyances are gone! 1) It starts up instantly on the radio display where I had left it, rather than the home screen which took a while and then had to be changed. 2) The radio UI is completely redesigned to be much more useful, including rearranging presets, limitless presets (I was at the limit before and added a few more without complaint so i don't know what the new limit is), and no more retro look. 3) Climate screen has been redesigned to be much more useful as it now has clearly visible symbols for the ventilation configurations, among other items.

#25 ·
I just updated our '19 Kona yesterday. (17-Jun-22) I've found a couple of things disturbing about the update site.
1. It doesn't display properly. (The home screen) No matter what my display settings are, it is not possible to drag the screen to a position that allows you to read the entire page, or to hit the continue button at the bottom. I had to change to a landscape screen.
2. Has anyone else noticed that there are mis-spellings, or rather missed lettering all over the page i.e. "H undai"? That just shmecks of something hacked, or virus infused. Causes me to wonder.
3. I LIKED the retro Nixie tube look. Why couldn't we be given an (or more) option(s) as to the look/layout, or have I just missed them?
My 2 cents anyway...

#27 ·
I just updated our '19 Kona yesterday. (17-Jun-22) I've found a couple of things disturbing about the update site.
I updated my '19 Ultimate Kona today; I haven't encountered the first two issues that you mentioned; the system appears to be working fine during the few minutes I tested it.

As for the Nixie tubes...I was surprised to see they changed this again but I'm happy that the screen has been made more functional. I like that I can see album art on SirusXM channels now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.