Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am barreling my way through some financing.. theyre all crooks.
-I’ve test driven them and enjoyed the transmission and torque. The fact that the AWD Lock option exists, pushed me over the edge when plowing through decent snow, inclines,..ect.
*Well, I want one. Usually get what I want working harder.
Update soon
-Robb

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
Good Luck with your quest! Agree with the stealership hassles and financing...
They make buying a car a most unpleasant experience most of the time..
Even when financing, extended warranty, service plans arent wanted, they still
put you through the misery of signing forms declining the offers.. Then charge you an administration fee to add insult to injury..
You might think since you're making a large purchase, they would be more pleasant to deal with..
Welcome to the forum ! Please excuse my rant !

I am barreling my way through some financing.. theyre all crooks.
-I’ve test driven them and enjoyed the transmission and torque. The fact that the AWD Lock option exists, pushed me over the edge when plowing through decent snow, inclines,..ect.
*Well, I want one. Usually get what I want working harder.
Update soon
-Robb

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good Luck with your quest! Agree with the stealership hassles and financing...
They make buying a car a most unpleasant experience most of the time..
Even when financing, extended warranty, service plans arent wanted, they still
put you through the misery of signing forms declining the offers.. Then charge you an administration fee to add insult to injury..
You might think since you're making a large purchase, they would be more pleasant to deal with..
Welcome to the forum ! Please excuse my rant !

Isn't that the truth. They almost blew my deal, by upping me $500. I was dealing with the big cheese general manager and came in with what I want to pay and what I wanted for a 4 year old Hyundai with 14,000 miles on it. The day I was picking it up after work , the night sales manger was pulling this $500 more then what I agreed on with the GM. Hyundai money the night guys said was not included in the price. At the time, they shipped my car in because there was only 2 within 1,000 miles of me, and it was there and I already inspected it. So I said I will come up $250 and you have to come down $250 or I will walk away form this deal right now, your choice. He took it thank God. The GM was great to work with, I got top dollar for my used car that the used car manager did not want to take because he wanted to screw me, but was instantly over rid right in front of me by the GM . ( that was priceless to see). I would buy from them again in a heart beat since the GM was so great to work with after working with amateur sales guy that screwed up my previous deal at another dealership.

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
I had one great car buying experience.. out of more than I care to admit..
But I did find a couple of dealerships service depts to be great to work with, mods and all.. YMMV.
The buying/financing part is always torturous..

Isn't that the truth. They almost blew my deal, by upping me $500. I was dealing with the big cheese general manager and came in with what I want to pay and what I wanted for a 4 year old Hyundai with 14,000 miles on it. The day I was picking it up after work , the night sales manger was pulling this $500 more then what I agreed on with the GM. Hyundai money the night guys said was not included in the price. At the time, they shipped my car in because there was only 2 within 1,000 miles of me, and it was there and I already inspected it. So I said I will come up $250 and you have to come down $250 or I will walk away form this deal right now, your choice. He took it thank God. The GM was great to work with, I got top dollar for my used car that the used car manager did not want to take because he wanted to screw me, but was instantly over rid right in front of me by the GM . ( that was priceless to see). I would buy from them again in a heart beat since the GM was so great to work with after working with amateur sales guy that screwed up my previous deal at another dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've settled on a 2020 Limited edition AWD 1.6L as it looks like there more options to obtain one.
Searching for a DEMO,or a lingering 2019, or a used with 5K miles on it, ect... A significant savings deal without losing out on anything that matters to me. Five thousand miles is nothing, depreciation happens regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts